Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thr61
    In this thread, software called SpellCheck was mentioned and suggested it would work across applications, including Snappermail. Can someone post a link to a site where it can be downloaded/tested/purchased?
    I'm sitting here now using it within Snapper and my wireless keyboard. The command I invoke to bring up Spellcheck in Snapper is (FN)+Menu (.) and it works flawlessly. When I am not using the wireless keyboard, I just press menu (.)

Prior to this test, I used it in a SMS to my sister; so I dont get why it cant be used in mutliple applications.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    I finally got it (Thanks GfunkMagic). I had it assigned all the time in my Zlauncher I just didn't know what it was.
    Thanks everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJo_78
    I finally got it (Thanks GfunkMagic). I had it assigned all the time in my Zlauncher I just didn't know what it was.
    Thanks everyone

No problem!

Also, if for anyone else who might find this thread, checkout Butler (formerly treo Butler). Under Misc, you can set either shift+menu or menu-hold to bring up the command bar. Very neat feature imo!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by kilo94
    Not sure of any other way to launch Desk Accessories (I have like 14) w/o using an app like DA Launcher, which unless you have a graffiti area, you have to use the command bar to launch...
    Try McPhling, TealLaunch (though still broken on T600), SlowLaunch, or FlexButton.

As you may already know, LDA panels (DA's) can extend the power of SlowLaunch (or others) to launch as many DA's or apps as you want. FlexButton comes with their own version called FlexMenu or something, but LDA were faster and more reliable on my Treo.
    Last edited by ThirdType; 05/18/2004 at 09:40 PM.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Not sure of any other way to launch Desk Accessories (I have like 14) w/o using an app like DA Launcher, which unless you have a graffiti area, you have to use the command bar to launch...

Kilo, also checkout Qlaunch (if you haven't already) which is an OS 5 compatible DA laucher that can be activated by hard keys totally bypassing the command bar!

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Should've clarified, DA Launcher is my FREE choice to launch DAs (I'll take a look at Slowlaunch). But it is nice there's so many choices out there...
    Should've clarified, DA Launcher is my FREE choice to launch DAs (I'll take a look at Slowlaunch). But it is nice there's so many choices out there...

Kilo, just curious...what DA's do you use on your Treo? I used have a few on my old Treo300, but never tried any on the Treo600. Are there any particularly valuable DA's you recommend?

P.S. Did you ever get the keyboard fixed?

I have been reading the forum comments re: the command bar. In my case regarding at least 99% of the apps I use: If you are using the stylus, and just Tap the upper left hand corner of the display (top 1/8") in the app you are in the command bar comes up.

Hope the info helps.
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    Did Qlaunch work for you? It reset a lot and did strange things for me.

DA's:

daMemoPad at the bottom of:
    http://www.jade.dti.ne.jp/~imazeki/palm/damepd.html

ToDoDA and CoolDAs (beam, auto off, etc.):
    http://www.freewarepalm.com

CalCal calculator, I prefer TealCalc or PopCalcDA (but $$):
    http://www.bea.hi-ho.ne.jp/kish/palm/palmware.html

PopCalcDA can launch the old PopupCalculator hack, without being a hack. YOU NEED PopupCalculator FOR THIS TO WORK, but no hack manager.
    Dont know where I found it so Ill attach it.

calescheDA (a calendar):
    http://www.hubo.co.jp/~taro2/
    Use the included csda_conf.prc to configure calescheDA to open Calendar (or Datebk5) when you tap on a day. Check the first checkbox and select the app from the first dropdown list. I dont know what the other options do.

TealTools is a collection, TealEdit is neat:
    http://www.teal.com

I attached these because I dont know where I found them:

LocalFindA (finds text in text field)

ClockOffDA, it shows a clock for a few seconds then turns off the device. There are more with other sizes etc.

LDA panels (launch more DA's or apps with buttons/screen)

Puzzler (um screensaver?)

Is this OT enough?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ThirdType; 05/19/2004 at 05:22 PM.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Bored...

Call Lookup DA (can lookup phone numbers etc.)

acLock (locks device)

acNumericKeyboard (keyboards)
    acRomanKeyboard

AOctrlDA (set auto off) at palmfreeware

NeverAutoOff DA (just puts a timer on the screen and doesnt turn off until you close it, good for flashlight!)

ReplaceDA (find/replaces text in a field, broken on OS5)

Tree (makes any text field hierachial, broken on OS5)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ThirdType; 05/19/2004 at 05:38 PM.
    Thanks for the list ThirdType!

Hey, no problem. I should probably make it a new thread so everyone can enjoy
    Oh Man...what are those?
    What exactly are DA?Ilooked it up but still don't know...can someone simplify it plz
    OK, for every DA known to man check out: http://stdk.de/da/links.html -- Have fun, and play around w/ all of them...

Main ones I use are AOCtrl DA, ApptViewer DA, AsciiPopDA, Braces DA, CoolDAs, daMemoPad, NetConnect DA, ToUpperDA, and Julian DA.

And GFM, my keyboard is STILL nonfunctional, so dissappointed in the company for not coming out w/ an OS 5 compatible drive...
    OK, for every DA known to man check out: http://stdk.de/da/links.html -- Have fun, and play around w/ all of them...

Main ones I use are AOCtrl DA, ApptViewer DA, AsciiPopDA, Braces DA, CoolDAs, daMemoPad, NetConnect DA, ToUpperDA, and Julian DA.

And GFM, my keyboard is STILL nonfunctional, so dissappointed in the company for not coming out w/ an OS 5 compatible drive...
    Work AppViewer Da with the Treo600?
    For me when i use it the Treo600 make a reset.

I use other DA's like:

TimeNowDA: Make an appointment
    ezConvDA: Conversion betwen units
    ToDoDA: Make a ToDo
    NetDA: Similar to NetConnectDA but it's possible to select the network to use
    MisosiruDA: Like AppViewerDa
    Last edited by dragondefuego; 05/20/2004 at 06:56 AM.
    Apviewer works fine for me, although I'll admit that I use Clockpop5 to view my appts more so now...
    Hey guys,
    what was the name of that App that kept the keyboard light off during the day and on during the night?
    My keyboard turns off after a bit even when I'm using it and apparently the only way to turn it back on is by either pressing up or down (5-way) which means that if you're in an app it's take you out to the next one when you do that.

The problem is that I'd like an app that if I hold and press (maybe) a key it would know to leave the keyboard on till I do it again (or something of that nature).
    I doubt I'd want the keyboard on the whole night as it might just drain the battery or annoy me when i go to sleep (or is that not the way the app i'm asking about works?).
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJo_78
    Hey guys,
    what was the name of that App that kept the keyboard light off during the day and on during the night?

Try mlights, Treo Allegro etc... also pressing alt+p will keep the keyboard lights on...

Holy.... its the motherload!!! Thanks!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast