1.    #1  
    My contract with sprint just ended and I was trying to see what kind of deal on the t600 sprint would offer for renewing my contact. I'm getting some horrible love.

I talked extensively with two reps and the best that either could do was $75 off because you have to be with sprint for 18 months before you get equipment discounts (used to be 9 months). Final price: $525.

Should have jumped on the $399 handspring upgrade deal

Is sprint getting really stingy with their retention deals?

Lastly, I confirmed that Sprint will start offering 7pm nights and weekends (versus the current 9pm) before Thanksgiving.
    My current Sprint contract expires on Wednesday. I will be calling them during the day on Wed. to see what I can get to renew my contract for another year. They have already sent me an email asking me to migrate to their $45/500 minutes plan ... HAH! I currently have their (obsolete) $30/300 minutes plan with the $10 vision. If I can't get anything better I will simply roll this existing plan over for another year.

I don't care much about the 7pm nights and weekends ... but I definitely don't want to lose my $10 vision. And as for their picture mail ... no thanks. Not impressed.

If you are happy with your plan and don't want to "upgrade" to another plan - don't sign anything for another year -- you can go month to month without a commitment. The if a new plan shows up that you like, you can make the move when you want!

Brian
    If you don't decide to sign a one year contract (at least) and go month-to- month, Sprint may charge you $10 per month for this privelige. Just be aware, you MAY have to pay it.

I too have the old $10/mo Vision. I used it to send pictures. If Sprint tries to charge for it, I will remind them it is UNLIMITED Vision ... no limits means no limits.
    TJD --- you only pay $10 if you get a new contract and don't want to sign a contract. If your current contract expires than you can go month-to-month forever and not be charged a fee. You have completed your contract, so there isn't a need to pay the fee.
    I too have the old $10/mo Vision. I used it to send pictures. If Sprint tries to charge for it, I will remind them it is UNLIMITED Vision ... no limits means no limits.

Ditto. I have the $100/2000 AT/Unlm Vision, Nts/Wkds, & PCS-PCS. If they think of charging me one red cent for data, they will have a fight on their hands like they've never seen. That's like charging me for using my anytime minutes from another State.
    Originally posted by JoeTampa

If they think of charging me one red cent for data, they will have a fight on their hands like they've never seen.
    Give me a break..... unless you have unlimited resources.. IE unlimited money to fight it, all you can do is complain and eventually accept it.

There are so many exclusions and loopholes in their definition of unlimited service that if they want to charge they can charge. The biggest loophole in their agreement is their agreement can be changed at any time.

And for people who think riding through with out a contract is so smart, remember Sprint can do whatever they want since you're not on a contract... they can raise rates, change your vision.. do whatever they want because they no longer have an agreement to follow. I doubt they will ever do that, but it's something to think about instead of everyone acting like they are as big as Sprint and will tell THEM what to do instead of the other way around.
    I doubt they will ever do that, but it's something to think about instead of everyone acting like they are as big as Sprint and will tell THEM what to do instead of the other way around.
    I really don't think that's a fair frame of reference here. Afterall, no one is forcing people to sign up with Sprint. The issue here is about getting the best deal and trying to get the carriers to compete for your business! In that sense I think it perfectly reasonable to demand certain services from your carrier, and if they can't then its up to you switch. If Sprint or whoever doesn't want to accomodate me or want my business, then I can easily go elsewhere. In that sense, the customer is definitely just as big as the company and the idea that you can't tell them what you want is absurd. The fact is, everything in business is usually negotiable...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I don't have unlimited resources, but what I do have is two phones that are spending $200/month, plus the ears of several friends who will hear me tell them to buy their T600's for T-Mo or Cingular.

Of course, I don't expect it to come to that, but I damned sure will fight them tooth and nail. You should have seen the crap I had to deal with when Sprint LD overcharged me 700% for calls to Canada.
    I liked Sprint fine until I saw that they started charging me a mandatory $1.10 per phone to "cover the costs" (yeah, right) of the number portability mandate. I wasn't planning on switching, but that extra charge has pissed me off enough that now I probably will. (Verizon has no such fee.)

Sprint is so stupid in their billing sometimes. They're going to lose out big time under number portability if they keep doing things like this.
    My contract is nearing death, if it hasn't passed already, and I got a Treo upgrade offer card in the mail last week. It was for $150 savings on upgrading. Now, that's a $150 credit. But you can opt to either sell your 300 to a friend, get that money from your friend as well as a $50 referral credit, while they get $25, or you can just opt for $50 from sprint and send your 300 back to them.

Total amount you save (from Sprint): $200
    Effective cost of Treo 600: $399

The catch was a 2 year contract. I'm used to contracts, and the fact that I'm getting a new model right out of the gate means I probably won't be going anywhere anytime soon anyway. I've always been happy with Sprint's service in my area, and have never really had to deal with customer service enough to make me unhappy with Sprint.

I don't remember the number that was on the postcard for the offer, but the rep who answered said it was a special offer only through their loyalty group that was not being offered at the stores or through regular reps.

- Mike
    TDJ,
    Unlimited Vison is different then unlimites Vision w/ Picture Mail. I called to talk about this yesterday w/ Sprint. Even though they are the same price Vision and Vision with Picture mail (the Ringtone discount is $5 and $10 respectivly), it's for $15. I started a thread about this, why have alsmost the same paln for the same $$. I think it's so pople like you and me have to pay the extra $5 to get the current deal to get Picure Mail includded. Just a thoeory.....

umlimted Vision has limits, you can't use your treo as a modem on your PC w/o paying more (at least your not suspose too and people have been getting charged for it).Unlimited Visioj is just data, Picture Mail has a website hosting associated with it, I bet that is their angle if you argue the point.

I also assume there will be a chagre for this Mo-SMS (what ever that is) when it goes live in a couple weeks...

My 2-cents worth, matt burkhard
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic

I really don't think that's a fair frame of reference here. Afterall, no one is forcing people to sign up with Sprint.
    Of course not. No force. A little lying, cheating, and fraud, perhaps coercion, but no force.

However, HS has so favored Sprint over other carriers and channels that it borders on criminal. If IBM or MS were to behave as HS has behaved, there would be DoJ lawyers all over them.
    Originally posted by Llynx
    My current Sprint contract expires on Wednesday. I will be calling them during the day on Wed. to see what I can get to renew my contract for another year. They have already sent me an email asking me to migrate to their $45/500 minutes plan ... HAH! I currently have their (obsolete) $30/300 minutes plan with the $10 vision. If I can't get anything better I will simply roll this existing plan over for another year.

I had the same plan which was expiring next week. Talked to retention last night and got the $30/300 with $10 vision for another year. Plus unlimited nights starting at 7PM (a big selling point for me) and 5% off the bill each month. Only signed for a year. They offered free unlimited PCS to PCS for a two year contract, but my wife's phone is cingular. Vz coverage is still better in NYC/Long Island but the T600 kept me with Sprint.