1.    #1  
    I have some ring tones downloaded from the web for the T600. They are mid files.
    How do I install them on the phone
    I try to add the to the install tool from the desktop tool and it says I cannot add them to the unit as there is nothing that can play them. It then gives the same error for the SD card installation.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance

Rich
    there are lots of threads on this topic - do a search and you should find what you need to know

a couple of different approaches so read up a bit & decide which way is best for you
    Just a quick answer since the thread is now here:

1. Download them from a web page (I downloaded to a local PC, uploaded to my web site, downloaded from the Treo)

2. Email them to yourself, assuming your email package can handle attachments.
    Rich, it is just as easy to answer your question...

My approach which works rather well - I use Snappermail.

1) From the desktop, I mail the file to an email account I can access using Snappermail on the Treo 600. Snappermail handles attachments and does an excellent job with installing/ transferring them.

2) After emailing the file as an attachment, I then start Snappermail and have it retrieve the file.

3) Within Snappermail, I view the email and install the attachment. The installed file will probably end up on your external card.

4) Check the app (dialer) and see if it shows and go from there. Works great. I email myself most of the programs I run on it and then do a hot sync late in the day and then a total backup using BackUpMan during the wee morning hours.

Ben

---------------------

Originally posted by rich1221
    I have some ring tones downloaded from the web for the T600. They are mid files.
    I try to add the to the install tool from the desktop tool and it says I cannot add them to the unit as there is nothing that can play them. It then gives the same error for the SD card installation.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance

Rich
  5.    #5  
    thanks for this
    Have downloaded snappermail and will give it a go later

thanks

RIch
    Hey guys you can also use site like 3gWiz.com (among others) to get midi and image files to your Treo.
  7.    #7  
    thanks
    I see 3gWiz.com is only good for US residents and they do not cover orange

nice idea though

doubt there is anything like this in the UK

r
    Originally posted by rich1221

Any ideas?

thanks in advance

Rich
    My preferred method is to beam the MID file from my laptop to my Treo using IR. Treo will instantly recognize the MID file and register it as a ringtone.
    There are a whole bunch of ringtones available for free, direct download at Treo 600 Essentials.

Don't forget, if you have ringtones you'd like hosted we'd be glad to do it for you - just send an email with your attached ringtones to ringtones@treo600essentials.com.

Best,
    Derek @ treo600essentials.com