Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Okay, I've been using the Sprint version of the 600 and the reception is much worse than my Treo 300. I consistently get dropped calls, and the phone doesn't work from my house. My 300 didn't exhibit the consistency of these problems.

I've done a search and have seen single posts about the topic, but nothing about any possible fixes, or differences in the hardware revisions.

I'm trying to figure out if I'm going to RMA this unit, or return it, as the phone is really good besides this.

Also, I'm running Goodlink and missing phone calls because of data is annoying. On a differenct site somebody mentioned if Sprint upgrades to 1xRTT Release A, this will be solveable. However, does anybody know if the TREO 600 radio is capable of release A?

I'm now thinking about going to GSM, because it can handle the data and phone issues better.

Thanks
    Originally posted by Bobco
    Okay, I've been using the Sprint version of the 600 and the reception is much worse than my Treo 300. I consistently get dropped calls, and the phone doesn't work from my house. My 300 didn't exhibit the consistency of these problems.

I've done a search and have seen single posts about the topic, but nothing about any possible fixes, or differences in the hardware revisions.

I'm trying to figure out if I'm going to RMA this unit, or return it, as the phone is really good besides this.

Also, I'm running Goodlink and missing phone calls because of data is annoying. On a differenct site somebody mentioned if Sprint upgrades to 1xRTT Release A, this will be solveable. However, does anybody know if the TREO 600 radio is capable of release A?

I'm now thinking about going to GSM, because it can handle the data and phone issues better.

Thanks
    Hi,

my 600 has consistently better reception than my 270 did. Although I'm on GSM and in a different country, I'm sure I remember plenty of Sprint users on these boards claiming a similar improvement with the 600 compared with their 300's. Something certainly doesn't sound right with your 600
    However, does anybody know if the TREO 600 radio is capable of release A?
    Don't hold your breath...

In terms of reception, my findings have been totally opposite. My 300 was just about useless at my house, while the 600 is very good at holding both voice and data connections. It hardly ever drops calls, and I am uploading pics etc, where I was getting red service blinks with my 300.

I would take it back and get a new one if I were you...

-rob
    Same here. Just finished a phone call at my desk that *would* routinely drop on the 300 - no problems. My 600 gets much better reception.
    I used my 300 for a yeqr and a half. I was always pleased with the service but there were a few spots around town I routinely dropped. Everyone seemed to in those areas. Not anymore! I get signal in two places that SprinŒ
    On a side note did that last post show up all the way? It doesn't appear like it did on my Treo. Am I limited on how much I can post when I'm mobile?
    No, and no, to the best of my knowledge.
    HI, my receptionin my home with my 300 was awful, however my reception with t600 is far, far better. Especailly for data! take care, Jay ps i agree with an earlier poster, it maybe the ohoen and you might want to exchange it.
    My t300 wasn't all that great but i only had a problem once when I was 15 floors up at my dentist office. At my District office building it worked great. Tha t building was only 9 stories.

My t600 however sucks monkey balls, I was a wedding last night. And I kept getting 3000 errors when trying to SMS. It couldn't get connected to vision...???

Tonight I went to another much much smaller single story restarurant same problem!!!

8100...On the otherhand... rock solid four bar strength!!! I logged onto vision but I didn't send the SMS cuase it would have taken forever to type a message!

BTW... In both instances I was able to finally send the SMS at both locations but it took 10-12 tries unitl the T600 finally found enough signal to connect...
    " What would you attempt if you knew you couldn't fail?" - Robert Schuller -
    I actually have the best service I've ever had with sprint on my 600. But service issues are unpredictable. It could be the phone, or it could be that Sprint just got worse in your area.
    Originally posted by JoeTampa
    Same here. Just finished a phone call at my desk that *would* routinely drop on the 300 - no problems. My 600 gets much better reception.
    I never owned a Treo300 but I did have a Samsung I330 that would drop out in two different spots on the interstate between work and my house. It would drop the call at the exact same spot each time. I have no such problems with the Treo600. I have been on a call for the entire trip to and from work multiple times and never lost my call when I hit the two spots.

One thing I would like to confirm is if your signal strength increases if you have the location privacy turned OFF. I have heard that your signal strength improves with Sprint if the location privacy is disabled. Can anyone confirm or deny? Thanks!
    Just because you're paranoid it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
    Originally posted by JoeTampa
    I never owned a Treo300 but I did have a Samsung I330 that would drop out in two different spots on the interstate between work and my house. It would drop the call at the exact same spot each time. I have no such problems with the Treo600. I have been on a call for the entire trip to and from work multiple times and never lost my call when I hit the two spots.

One thing I would like to confirm is if your signal strength increases if you have the location privacy turned OFF. I have heard that your signal strength improves with Sprint if the location privacy is disabled. Can anyone confirm or deny? Thanks!
    Just because you're paranoid it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
    Originally posted by Lkwan
    My t300 wasn't all that great but i only had a problem once when I was 15 floors up at my dentist office. At my District office building it worked great. Tha t building was only 9 stories.

My t600 however sucks monkey balls, I was a wedding last night. And I kept getting 3000 errors when trying to SMS. It couldn't get connected to vision...???

Tonight I went to another much much smaller single story restarurant same problem!!!

8100...On the otherhand... rock solid four bar strength!!! I logged onto vision but I didn't send the SMS cuase it would have taken forever to type a message!

BTW... In both instances I was able to finally send the SMS at both locations but it took 10-12 tries unitl the T600 finally found enough signal to connect...
    I switched from a 8100 and it can be 2 bars better then my Treo 600. the 600 is still better than my other phones by far, it's just the 8100 probably has one of the best receptions on Sprint network.

BTW, Sprint doesn't have SMS up yet for the Treo 600? Your error code sounds like a Sprint error, right? I have gotten error 3000 before, but it was at OU football game with 85,000 people, so I guess this could be excusable (although other networks work).
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Originally posted by unixmonkey

What is location privacy? Is that the internal GPS thing?
    One of the slight downsides to GoodLink email software is intermittent phone unavailablility. It seems to check for new mail about 5 times a minute. If a call arrives during one of these short pings, it goes to vmail. Likewise if it finds a new mail and spends 20 seconds getting it, the phone is not available.

Class A devices mean two radio transceivers. That means double charges in my book unless we somehow fastforward to totally IP based devices. Dont hold your breat on this - my guess is that you will not see this until 2007.

I have written to Good suggesting that they make it possible to dial up or down the frequency of mail checking as a preference. Today I think the frequency is server driven rather than client driven.

If you choose to carry one device as an always on email device and as a phone, you have to make this compromise regarding inbound call availability.

Anyone used a RIM with phone who cares to add a comparison of experience? I suspect they are in the same boat.
    Originally posted by surge919

What is location privacy? Is that the internal GPS thing?
    It allows Sprint to determine where on the Sprint network you are. So they can deliver data content specific to the city you happen to be in. I don't know if it triangualates like GPS to determine your exact position, though.
    I'm having the problems I describe above with location turn off... so that isn't the problem...

Peyote

if you want sms to work on your treo 600 now... go here...

http://www.pdaapps.com/Treo600SMS/

It'll cost ya a 20 spot.. but it my opinion it's worth every penny... it could take sprint two weeks or antoher month to enable it .... i'm not that patient!

It's still under speculation ,but once released they'll charge ya $5 a month anyway to use it.... which would mean this app will pay itself off in 4 months...
    " What would you attempt if you knew you couldn't fail?" - Robert Schuller -
    The reception as well as the sound quality on my T600 is worse than it ever was on my T300.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    I have three sprint phones and two of them are vision...my 600 rocks them all on voice and data. I am in Atlanta, and had the same experience back home in SF.

Andy
    Originally posted by haste
    I actually have the best service I've ever had with sprint on my 600.
    ditto... I still have a problem getting reception in a few of the problem areas I had with the 300, but it is noticibly better overall.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast