1.    #1  
    This morning, I had a 60 minute layover in Philly before catching a flight to San Francisco. While waiting, I checked the San Francisco Airport web site (www.flysfo.com) to see which car rental companies were there. I found several, and shopped 3 of them for their best rates. I went with Thrifty, reserved it with my credit card, and received a confirmation number. Once I arrived in San Francisco, I went to the Thrifty counter...and they had my reservation booked and ready to go. I had the presence of mind to save the web page with my confirmation number, which helped the Thrifty rep find my reservation. All this taking place during a layover in an airport. I even had time to buy a CD from amazon.com.

Incredible...

What's our real life Treo 600 story?
    November 9th, 2003

I went to church this morning and pulled up my scriptures on my Palm Bible. While remembering to make an important notation, I went to the Word Pad and jotted it there under its own catagory (before I forgot). I checked my e-mails while waiting in the car after having dinner, and on the way home I paused and checked the TreoCentral's forum to see what was going on -- all on the go away from my trusted laptop. Ta Da!
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 11/09/2003 at 06:16 PM.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I had trouble getting my Business Connection to sync the other day - kept getting a message that the desktop could not be reached. So, I ran Mergic VPN, connected to the home network, then ran PalmVNC and discovered that the BC app wasn't logged in. Logged it in, and synced up!

The Treo helped the Treo!
    What software of the Bible are you using? I can't remember what I had on my T300, since I went with wiping out all the freebie apps. Or is/was your Bible free?
    Well, I'm not Geeky Mom, but I use "My Bible" from Laridian Software (www.laridian.com).
    I'm a fair housing attorney with a puzzling case, so while I had some downtime on a trip to a neighboring town for a lunch meeting, I sent e-mail to a listserv of other fair housing folks for advice.

By the time I got to the client's house, I had several replies with suggestions for handling the case.
    Originally posted by wheresmy600
    What software of the Bible are you using? I can't remember what I had on my T300, since I went with wiping out all the freebie apps. Or is/was your Bible free?
    It's a freebie. There was another program that I used to use when I first used the Palm years ago that had an auto scroll (I'm still looking for it). Here is what I'm using now: http://www.itb.net/handheld/Palm/PalmBible.html
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Well, I'm sure that we could have done most of this on our old 270/300's, not just sure we could do it so easily. Here goes ...

My daughter had a cheerleading competition on Saturday. So, off we go ... me, my daughter and the ex.

My daughter played a few games of Zap and I made 2 calls on the way down. Then asked for the directions to the place the competition was being held. Dead silence from the back seat.

Got on the 600, phoned the coach and asked for the address. Got it, went to Mapquest and downloaded the map. Directions were right on the money! (actually, I was driving, my 10 year old daughter did the Mapquest thing)

Got to the competition, someone else was lost and they called ... just read the directions to them over the phone. Bam, done.

While at the competition, checked up on the college FB scores (boo hoo for Miami and hooray for FSU ... I'm thinking rematch in the Orange Bowl Jan 1) and got some emails taken care of.

After the competition, took some photos and emailed them to the kids' parents so they could have a record of the meet. They were amazed I could do this.

On the way home, the backseaters wanted something to eat ... me ... I had a jones for a Starbucks Iced Redeye. Got on the 600 and used the Starbucks locater someone posted (thank you, thank you, thank you) and guess what, sandwich shop next door for the people in the back seat. Two birds with one stone, not bad.

Back in the car, made some ... social arrangements, ahem ... for Sat nite while people in the back took a nap. Slipped in an SD card of MP3's and listened to a little music 'til they finished up thier nap.

Later, a good night call from my daughter and all was well in Treo land!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    What's an Iced Redeye???
    Originally posted by jlhopwo
    What's an Iced Redeye???
    Well ... a huge caffeine buzz for one! Not really, but everyone thinks so. Espresso has very little caffeine in it -- the long roasting process removes most of it.

In a soft drink cup, they take double brewed coffee, pour it over ice and add a shot of espresso. I usually add a little half-and-half and have them run it thru the blender.

Yummy! Think I'll go out and get one right now!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Thanks! Gonna get one tomorrow morning!

Jonathan

Originally posted by tjd414

Well ... a huge caffeine buzz for one! Not really, but everyone thinks so. Espresso has very little caffeine in it -- the long roasting process removes most of it.

In a soft drink cup, they take double brewed coffee, pour it over ice and add a shot of espresso. I usually add a little half-and-half and have them run it thru the blender.

Yummy! Think I'll go out and get one right now!