Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone received their's yet? Any reviews? My order was placed on 10/24 and so far nada.

Thanks,

Bob Duckworth
    yeah, i ordered textured silver egrips on 10/23 and havent recieved mine either, but they have been charged to my cc. getting a bit annoying, IMHO.
    what are Egrips?
    egrips are cloth (or other material) that you stick to the back and side of your treo to make it easier to hold and harder to drop.

Personally, I think I can be careful with a 600.00 phone.

Plus the sprint insurance is a must have.
    I sent an email asking when I can expect delivery and got the following instant response....

-------
    They should ship by the 17th....your card gets processed by a third
    party before we get the order. This is our first production run for the
    Treo 600 and it takes 3 weeks because each order is custom.
    -------

John
  6.    #6  
    Mine are supposed to ship in a week. Got a quick response as well. Looks like they are making a new product production run. Delay is getting the product run completed.

Bob Duckworth
    Im in the same boat here too.
    Can you please post a link to where to order Treo600 eGrips. Thx.
    Originally posted by Predator-1
    Can you please post a link to where to order Treo600 eGrips. Thx.
    http://egrips.com/catalog/default.ph...7809a010893104
    Got my egrips today. So far I like them. They definitely add a secure grip to the phone. It even lays in my palm without having to grip the phone at all. Definitely grabs the surfaces it rests on, including some pretty steep angles and definitely nice for just sitting it on the car seat or dash and not having it slide around.

It fits in the T600 cradle just fine...just with a little effort now since the egrips create a little friction.

Only drawback is the T600 slip case. It requires alot of effort to get the phone into the case. Not because of the added thickness, which is minimal, but because of the friction of the egrips against the lining of the case. Not a big deal though.

I'm thinking now with the egrips and my G2 screen protector that I can pretty much go caseless now anyway since I generally prefer just to keep it in my pocket. We'll see....still gotta see that Vaha I-volution case...
    Mine came as well today. I'm using the side strips and the smaller of the two portions that mount on the rear of the phone. Definitely makes it more secure to hold, and the two side strips are just a <tad> larger than the stock silver side strips, so they pretty much blend in. The side guys help me to grab and extract the 600 from the RIM case I use, whereas I used to try and grab the antenna to get it out of the case.
    All good so far. No fear of the slippage and not detracting from the overall aesthetics of the phone.
    got my silver dimpled egrips today and im rather pleased. the only forseeable issue with them is (as mentioned above) the friction involved with sliding the treo into a case-i have the nite-ize case and it is a bit more difficult to insert than it was but i will probably switch to the ivolution case when it comes out as well. hey, treouser-what do you think that the little cut out in the back piece is for?? i placed on the antenna, which i commonly use as a grab handle. all in all, for $10 it is a no-brainer. go for it, but be warned-i ordered mine on oct 23rd and got them on nov 18, as they are custom made for each order.
    The cut out on the back is for their future planned GetBack label. They are trying to copy off of StuffBak. They both seem like a good idea BTW.

So how about some pictures of the new Egrips!!!
    Originally posted by SprintTreoUser

http://egrips.com/catalog/default.ph...7809a010893104
    I see a picture of a Treo 600 on the site but can't find the link for the Treo 600 anymore.
    It was there yesterday, not it's gone. I saw when I was trying to figure out the reason for the rectangular cutout discussed above.
    Don't know why.
    I sent them an e-mail asking about it. Nothing yet. Will post if I do get a response.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Here is the reply to my e-mail...

"For some reason it disappeared from our site within the last 24 hours. Thanks for bringing it to our attention."

...so they should be back up soon.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    I just got the same response about the Treo 600 egrips missing.

Also, I suggested a couple of things:

1) Come out with a set that has silver sides and a black back for those who want to keep the original phone aesthetics. They said they plan to have a set like this out next week, so I imagine they've already had this suggestion or thought of it on their own;

2) Consider a piece that covers the rubber plug under the antenna that likes to jump off. They said they'd look into that. Hopefully it would be a separate piece so that those who don't want to use it don't have to.
    no joy on my order...
    Originally posted by treoZilla
    what are Egrips?
    They are a license by their manufacturers to print money.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast