Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What happened to the Seinfeld download thread by Mol with links to download Sienfeld episodes encoded for MMPlayer?
    If I were to take a guess, it was removed since Seinfeld is copyrighted material and redistributing it over the Internet is illegal.

Just a guess...
    Here's the thread you're looking for.
  4. purpleA
    Originally posted by Mol
    Here's the thread you're looking for.

Why do you people keep up with this slimeball activity? You host pirated apps (Handspring email app) and now you're offering up Seinfeld episodes? Pathetic. Even purpleX says this is wrong. You should be kicked off this board for this kind of behaviour.
    "You should be kicked off this board for this kind of behaviour."
    !=
    "Freedom of speech. Don't EVER try to take it away."

I always get a kick out of the 'Freedom of Speech' advocates. There happy as long as its their speech (or writing) being protected but if they disagree with you, well, they just want you gone....
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
  6. purpleA
    Originally posted by Magohn
    "You should be kicked off this board for this kind of behaviour."
    !=
    "Freedom of speech. Don't EVER try to take it away."

I always get a kick out of the 'Freedom of Speech' advocates. There happy as long as its their speech (or writing) being protected but if they disagree with you, well, they just want you gone....
    If I walk into your house and steal everything you own, it should be ok for me to advertise at Treocentral that I'm selling it , because of freedom of speech, right? Get a clue. The moderators have said - repeatedly - that their site is not to be used for promoting stolen items, yet certain individual continue to show they don't give a damn about the rules of conduct on the site. If you want to go around trading in stolen apps and copyrighted files, please do it somewhere else. This kind of activity just makes Treocentral look bad.
    I've removed the link to the HS Mail.

I don't see much harm in distributing Seinfeld episodes on a 160x114 format. Nobody is going to loose any business because of it.

But if the moderators decide I shouldn't be posting those links here, then I will go somewhere else.

Does that also mean we're no longer allowed to post backgrounds that may be using copyrighted images? Ringtones based on copyrighted music? Where do you want to draw the line?
    You should be kicked off this board for this kind of behaviour.
    Wow....your giving advice on running the place and you've only been registered a week.

I will put your rashness\anger down to the misgivings of youth. Looking forward to seeing where you are on treocentral in a year,...or two....or three...or (n).
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
  9. purpleA
    Originally posted by Mol
    I've removed the link to the HS Mail.

I don't see much harm in distributing Seinfeld episodes on a 160x114 format. Nobody is going to loose any business because of it.

But if the moderators decide I shouldn't be posting those links here, then I will go somewhere else.

Does that also mean we're no longer allowed to post backgrounds that may be using copyrighted images? Ringtones based on copyrighted music? Where do you want to draw the line?
    You draw the line at what you are allowed (by the copyright owners/software publishers) to give away. It's not rocket science and I think most people understand what is and isn't proper. Whether you choose to ignore the rights of the creators is another matter.

People need to have their conscience police themselves. Moderators don't have the time to be going through every post here to weed out links to warez, nor should they be expectd to do so.

You seem to imply that if your posts aren't deleted, then it means the moderators don't mind that you're linking to warez through their site. I think they have already indicated that (at least recently) they no longer will tolerate warez here.
  10. purpleA
    Originally posted by Magohn

Wow....your giving advice on running the place and you've only been registered a week.

I will put your rashness\anger down to the misgivings of youth. Looking forward to seeing where you are on treocentral in a year,...or two....or three...or (n).
    I'm probably older than you are, but chronological age has precious little to do with maturity. Or the ability to appreciate the difference between right and wrong.

I have no anger towards software thieves. I just find it tiresome to see the hypocrisy of people that use stolen apps one minute and then complain about trivia the next.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Sienfeld was broadcasted over the airwaves to anyone with a television set... I would hardly call this pirating.
    Is there a way to [Ignore] by wildcard? I'd love to Ignore "Purple*" who seems to think that changing user name to avoid Ignores is cute.

On that point, does this board have a policy about multiple user names for one person? If so, what a splendid way to reduce the troll activity.

-Rob
    Originally posted by purpleA
    I just find it tiresome to see the hypocrisy of people that use stolen apps one minute and then complain about trivia the next.
    Please correlate those two statements.
  14. purpleA
    Originally posted by dpuza
    Sienfeld was broadcasted over the airwaves to anyone with a television set... I would hardly call this pirating.

Wow. Does that mean that showing anything in public results in loss of all copyright protection for the owners of the material?
  15. purpleA
    Originally posted by webslappy

Please correlate those two statements.
    Two examples from the realm of core Palm software:

1) Sprint decides - for its own good reasons - to not include a good email app on their version of the Treo 600. This creates a tidal wave of weeping and gnashing of teeth from people who feel they have been personally "wronged" by Sprint. But is it really that difficult for these "victims" of Sprint to simply download an email app? It's not like there aren't several choices available. It's a minor issue, easily solved, and no one put a gun to anyone's head forcing them to buy the Sprint Treo 600 "as is".

2) At various sites earlier this year there was much wailing about Palm getting rid of the original Graffiti. Probably because they are being SUED by Xerox over Graffiti. I don't know what the posting was like here, but elsewhere you'd think Palm was clubbing baby seals from the tone of people "hurt" by Palm's decision. Instead of just either accepting the change or buying a copy of TealScript, some people pirated the original Graffiti files and installed them on their Palms.

It's getting to the point where people don't even care whether or not something is pirated, as long as they get whatever they want.
    Originally posted by dpuza
    You really should read up on copyright law before making statements like that. purplea has a point and yes, posting copyright images and ringtones for free download is also a violation of the copyright holders rights. I tried the HS email app but have since deleted it until I know for sure it's okay to use.
  17. purpleA
    Originally posted by mo-bile

You really should read up on copyright law before making statements like that. purplea has a point and yes, posting copyright images and ringtones for free download is also a violation of the copyright holders rights. I tried the HS email app but have since deleted it until I know for sure it's okay to use.
    It's nice to see someone here doing the right thing. I still can't believe that person thought broadcasting a TV show gave them the right to do anything they want with it...
    Originally posted by purpleA

It's nice to see someone here doing the right thing. I still can't believe that person thought broadcasting a TV show gave them the right to do anything they want with it...
    Neither did I. That was silly.
    Look, a purple troll riding a really high horse.
    my moblog:
    <a href="http://chumprock.textamerica.com/">http://chumprock.textamerica.com/</a>
    I think purpleA was beat up a lot as a kid.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast