1.    #1  
    I've just encountered a potentially serious problem with my Sprint Treo600. Yesterday, when I looked at the main screen of my T600, I noticed that the battery charge indicator indicated that I had a full charge even though it hadn't been charged in about 36 hours. The wireless side was on, and the charge should have been nearly depleted. In fact, if memory serves, the charge indicator had been at full the entire time since the end of my last charge. Curious about this behavious, I decided to see what would happen if I didn't charge it and when the charge indicator would start showing a depleted battery. As a precaution, however, I did back up all my data to the SD card. A few hours later, my T600 was completely dead, and when I connected it to the charger and turned it on, all the data was gone, as if I had done a hard reset. What I think is happening is that some sort of bug was making the T600 think that it was fully charged, and, because it thought it was fully charged, the built-in protections that would prevent one from running the unit all the way down didn't function. Does anyone have any thoughts?
    Regards,

Robert
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Discussed in this thread (and others):

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t38706/s.html
  3.    #3  
    Right, and the upshot of all of this is that the problem isn't that the phones don't charge correctly, but that there is a problem with the charge indicator that, although curable by a soft reset, can nevertheless result in total data loss. Handspring needs to get to the bottom of this.
    Regards,

Robert