1.    #1  
    Selecting items with the stylus on my 600, especially around the perimeter, often takes a much harder press than seems reasonable or safe for the screen. I think this is primarily due to the clear vynl conver on the $30 case I purchased from Handspring when I got the 600. Using the touchscreen without the case covering is much easier. I read in an earlier post where someone cut this clear covering off the case, which is what I'm considering doing. I rather liked the added feeling of protection the covering gave, but the decreased sensitivity is a real annoyance.
    I sure wish there were a case with a thinning, more responsive covering at a reasonable price. Any thoughts on these issues would be appreciated. Ken
    many people are un aware that the touchscreen prefs in prefrences actually teach the device how the user uses the stylus (which is unique to all of us).

So i suggest you try going back into prefrences and going to touchscreen with the cover on and show the device how u tend to use it with the cover on !!
    we'll see what happens!
  3.    #3  
    I finally decided to cut the clear vinyl off of the screen area, and I'm very pleased with the results. I already had a screen protector on, so I'm not concerned it will get scratched from the increased exposure. The added responsiveness is much improved when I use the screen to write on using Grafitti Anywere, and it's now much easier to select items with the stylus without undue force, which was required with the covering.