1.    #1  
    Is there an application that will allow the treo600 to capture video. i'm a bit surprised that Handsprimg omitted this feature. Or is there a technical reason why it can't be done.
    Well you have a few issues.

First off you got a crappy camera. It takes ok pictures in good lighting and horrible pictures in bad lighting.

Second, why would you even want to. Besides the geek factor how good do you think the video will look.

Someone suggested this before, if you want really good pictures and video buy a camera that accepts SD memory and use that. Then you can input the SD card into your phone and you'll be able to send emails to people of the pictures and video you sent. Then you can lie to them and say your camera took them.
    Originally posted by reverland
    Then you can lie to them and say your camera took them.
    bwa ha ha ha
    The Treo600 is not capable of video recording! Thus, there are no 3rd party apps for this functionality...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5.    #5  
    why is it not capable?? is it hardware related. I had an SPV before my Treo (horrible phone) which could record video with 3rd party software onto the SD card.
    Originally posted by WEZBAR
    why is it not capable?? is it hardware related. I had an SPV before my Treo (horrible phone) which could record video with 3rd party software onto the SD card.
    It probably IS possible, but only with low FPS and resolution. I don't have a t600 yet (yeah, the GSM nightmare), but I'm guessing you can preview what the camera is going to take on the screen, right?

Well, if you can somehow dump all of this video buffer to a file, frame by frame, you can probably get a "video." It would be at the resolution of the preview, and at it's FPS, which is probably low.

Cheers.
    On my SPV i had a 3rd party app that allowed me to record video. sure it was jerky - just as you see it when you move the camera around to take a photo.

but it was better than nothing.
    The camera hardware supports video. I imagine that somebody will write a 3rd party app that taps the camera API in a number of ways including video recording (probably minus audio).

Camera specs can be read here:

Treo 600 camera specs

excerpt:

The MI-SOC-0343, programmable through a simple
    two-wire serial interface, is a complete camera systemon-
    a-chip solution, with an image flow processor that
    performs a number of sophisticated camera functions
    on-chip, including color recovery, color correction,
    sharpening, auto black reference (ABR) clamping, auto
    exposure (AE), auto 50Hz/60Hz scan switching, lens
    shading correction, and auto white balance (AWB).
    Other programmable on-chip features enable the
    device to output progressive-scan images up to 30
    frames per second (fps) in an 8-bit CCIR-656 (YCrCb)
    or 565-RGB format. The frame- and line-valid signals
    are output on dedicated pins, along with a pixel clock
    that is synchronous with valid data.
    For more information about the MI-SOC-0343 or
    our other imaging products, call your Micron Imaging
    representative or visit us on the Web at
    www.micron.com/imaging.
    The eyemodule for the visor could record video, but for only about 15 seconds. IDEO built it, and if I remember right, they also designed the T6 camers.
    According to the specs the camera is capable of 30fps.

What I really want is a utility to control the camera.
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    You'd have it already except handspring messed up the information on the camera api s.

Henry L lazarus hlazar@netaxs.com
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/god.html
    Henry L lazarus hlazar@netaxs.com
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/god.html