1.    #1  
    Hey all, just browsing the forums while I wait for my Treo 600 to arrive (ordered it on oct. 27, my birthday )

Im just wondering for those in LA county more specificly in the areas of Santa Monica and San Bernardino area (Walnut, Pomona, West Covina, Industry etc), has anyone had any problems with coverage? Im switching from Cingular to Sprint when I get my phone, which seems to be taking forever, and just doing a simple survey on what to expect

Also has anyone recieved their phone early that ordered it after the backorder date?

Thanks all.
    I live in the valley (Sherman Oaks) but I have driven out your way and my phone works fine.
    Jack
  3.    #3  
    Thats good to know, thanks.

How about anyone in the San Berdino valley?
    If you go to their Web site and look under coverage, you can see the actual location of present and planned towers.
    Originally posted by Voidus
    Thats good to know, thanks.

How about anyone in the San Berdino valley?
    I've always had reasonably good coverage in the areas that you have mentioned.
    MADBROWSER,

Can you send/post a link to the part of the site that shows _tower locations_ and proposed ones? I noticed you are in SB, I can't even get a coverage map that shows north of Ventura. How is the coverage in SB? I'm a Cingular customer who spends a weekend every couple of months up there -- my folks are up there -- and wanted to know if Sprint is any good up there -- particularly in the Carpinteria and Ventura areas. I've been happy with Cingular up there, but not so much with their Santa Monica coverage.

Originally posted by MadBrowser
    If you go to their Web site and look under coverage, you can see the actual location of present and planned towers.
    Originally posted by Voidus
    Hey all, just browsing the forums while I wait for my Treo 600 to arrive (ordered it on oct. 27, my birthday )

Im just wondering for those in LA county more specificly in the areas of Santa Monica and San Bernardino area (Walnut, Pomona, West Covina, Industry etc), has anyone had any problems with coverage? Im switching from Cingular to Sprint when I get my phone, which seems to be taking forever, and just doing a simple survey on what to expect

Also has anyone recieved their phone early that ordered it after the backorder date?

Thanks all.
    I live in Glendora...no problems.
    <CENTER>
    <strong>
    <span style="color: blue;">Where's the "Make Coffee" button again?</span>
    </strong>
    I'm in Hacienda Heights and get good coverage throughout the San Gabriel Valley. The only exception is along Colima Blvd and Fullerton Road.

I comute to Chatsworth daily and get signal all the way to work. (much better coverage than when I was with AT&T).
    Bret Snyder<BR>If you don't know where you're going,<BR>You'll probably end up somewhere else.
    When I first started with my company, I worked as an outside salesman.

I had to drive all over Southern California, from the San Diego county/Orange county border, all the way north to Palmdale/Lancaster area.

I have ALWAYS had better coverage than my customer's regardless of which provider they were on. Two customers of mine actually bought Treo's because their phones wouldn't work in their own homes, when mine did!

As far as Santa Barbara, I can't comment, because I never used my Treo while up there, but my general experience has been that if the area is developed and not rural, you will have coverage.

And remember, because this is digital service, you can have NO BARS, but as long as the Treo doesn't say "No Service," you can still make and receive calls. You will drain more battery, but with the new Treo (and maybe a car charger), this shouldn't be an issue.

All in all, my experience with my Treo phone-wise, has been nothing more than outstanding.

And I was previously with Cingulair. Or as I used to call it, "single-bar." don't get me started on that one...
  10.    #10  
    Thanks for all the responce everyone, helped heaps. Now one thing left...I want my Treo!
    I've had my 600 for about three weeks now - switched from ATTWS - and have noticed a lot of "blackholes" on the West side:

- Sunset Blvd. from PCH inland to about Beverly Hills. VERY VERY spotty. Very strange to my why this area would be so terrible. Also to note, ATTWS had terrible coverage on this road, too.

- Almost the same issue on San Vicente from PCH inland about 10 miles.

- Parts of Santa Monica and Venice along Ocean avenue... lose coverage as well.

I haven't had nearly as much trouble once I get inland about 30 miles.

I was actually having issues with clients telling me they got repeated busy-signals and after 4-5 tries finally got through. After repeated phone calls with Sprint, they said they're still looking into it, but advised me to "upgrade my phone" to support some of the new Sprint towers.

This process was done verbally over the phone on an automated system - but a human on thier customer solutions side had to set it up first.

When I called back, I had to say to the automated system "PCL UPDATE" - and then the phone updated *something* for about 1 minute.

Since then, my service has been better and fewer people have told me they can't reach me.

They (Sprint) couldn't ever explain what that update was, exactly.
    the ONLY place in LA that I've experience service problems is the one area I live in here in Pasadena --- that's it

I have family out in Walnut --- works great there!
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    I live in Orange County. No coverage problems. Switched from Cingular and now enjoy coverage in Yorba Linda for the first time.
    I routinely drive on PCH, 55, 57, 91 and 60 Fwys and never lost coverage!
    Originally posted by Zaud
    I've had my 600 for about three weeks now - switched from ATTWS - and have noticed a lot of "blackholes" on the West side:

- Sunset Blvd. from PCH inland to about Beverly Hills. VERY VERY spotty. Very strange to my why this area would be so terrible. Also to note, ATTWS had terrible coverage on this road, too.

- Almost the same issue on San Vicente from PCH inland about 10 miles.

- Parts of Santa Monica and Venice along Ocean avenue... lose coverage as well.

I haven't had nearly as much trouble once I get inland about 30 miles.

I was actually having issues with clients telling me they got repeated busy-signals and after 4-5 tries finally got through. After repeated phone calls with Sprint, they said they're still looking into it, but advised me to "upgrade my phone" to support some of the new Sprint towers.

This process was done verbally over the phone on an automated system - but a human on thier customer solutions side had to set it up first.

When I called back, I had to say to the automated system "PCL UPDATE" - and then the phone updated *something* for about 1 minute.

Since then, my service has been better and fewer people have told me they can't reach me.

They (Sprint) couldn't ever explain what that update was, exactly.
    So if I dialed *2 from my phone, and said PCL Update...would it work?

You are on Sprint, right?
    <CENTER>
    <strong>
    <span style="color: blue;">Where's the "Make Coffee" button again?</span>
    </strong>
    Originally posted by cello
    I live in Orange County. No coverage problems. Switched from Cingular and now enjoy coverage in Yorba Linda for the first time.
    I routinely drive on PCH, 55, 57, 91 and 60 Fwys and never lost coverage!
    I think the only time i lost coverage in los angeles while i was outside was driving on the 5 to san diego, around san onofre. Signal goes dead for a few MILES. But other than that, sprint signal's great and has gotten better near my home over the past few months.