1.    #1  
    Is there a way to rename applications (e.g. "Phone" to "Mobile") so that I can order applications in the launcher to suit my desires rather than the "branding" boys at Handspring/Sprint.
  2. purpleZ
    Originally posted by GoldenCal
    Is there a way to rename applications (e.g. "Phone" to "Mobile") so that I can order applications in the launcher to suit my desires rather than the "branding" boys at Handspring/Sprint.
    Try FileMan http://www.bitsnbolts.com/fileman.html
    Other file management utilities like Filez may do it as well, but I haven't checked recently.

I've also used ChangeAppName and Rename with my old Palms, but I don't think they work with OS5 (or even OS4).
  3.    #3  
    thanks..even if we disagree on the "rumor" your a class act.

Peace.
  4. purpleZ
    Originally posted by GoldenCal
    thanks..even if we disagree on the "rumor" your a class act.

Peace.

No problem. (We'll have to "agree to disagree", until you have that crow dinner in a few weeks. )

FileMan is pretty slick app and is definitely worth the price ( just $10). It's the kind of program that should be part of the OS, but it would probably mess up the Zen Thing and cause Palm a lot of headaches supporting newbies.

The same author (Mike Waldron of TRG/HandEra) also sells BackupMan and the ever-dangerous UserName.
    You can rename your applications in Launcher X...
    When in Launcher X, just drag-n-drop the icon on to the edit gadget (icon at bottom of screen that looks like a piece of paper with an X and a pencil) and rename!