Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1. purpleZ
    No trade in or other games require. Finally an intelligent price. The early adopters aren't going to be happy!

(As told to me by a little bird at Sprint.)
    No other games?
    Certainly you would need to sign a contract. So the early adpoters wo did do a trade in get it for $250, still better then $299.

Chris
    Yeah, that would **** me off all right if that were true. Having ordered my "loyalty" upgrade for $399 more than 2 weeks ago and STILL don't have my 600 in my hands, I am already not a happy camper. If the price for anybody drops to $299 just a few weeks after I get mine, I'll be downright pissed.
  4. purpleZ
    Originally posted by cnr1089
    No other games?
    Certainly you would need to sign a contract. So the early adpoters wo did do a trade in get it for $250, still better then $299.

Chris

Obviously it's with a (two year) contract. I'm not yet sure what the price will be with a one year contract (probably $399).

Carriers in the U.S. are finally going to have to start offering better deals to keep their customers. The only question is how long before Handspring adds the Bluetooth chip to the phone like they had originally planned to. I don't think the beancounters at Handspring realized how much leaving out BT would hurt them.
    ...Sprint offered anything on the Treo without any strings? NEVER in my experience. I doubt they are hosing loyal customers and early adopters with short dealines and upgrade games only to offer a striaght up price on the 600. Take a hint..go to a Sprint store and try to buy a 300. Does it beat the $ 299 from the "rumor" on the 600?

Peace.
  6. purpleZ
    Originally posted by GoldenCal
    ...Sprint offered anything on the Treo without any strings? NEVER in my experience. I doubt they are hosing loyal customers and early adopters with short dealines and upgrade games only to offer a striaght up price on the 600. Take a hint..go to a Sprint store and try to buy a 300. Does it beat the $ 299 from the "rumor" on the 600?

Peace.
    Do you really think ANYONE is buying the Treo 300? I talked to one Sprint store manager and he said they hadn't sold a Treo 300 in several months. MONTHS. Realistically, they should have knocked it's price down to $150 with a one year contract a long time ago. Amazon.com recently had a deal going where the Treo 300 was "free" if you played games with rebates, etc. I don't know about you but I think all those rebate offers are a scam.

Sprint and the other carriers have pissed off a lot of people over the years and they all know there's going to be a lot of carrier switching in three weeks, once number portability arrives. Anyone signing a two year contract right now is a fool.
    ...always happy when someone makes the killer point...with no sales in months IF IF IF IF...Sprint were acting rationally..they would surely lower price in the face of no demand...NOW we learn they will lower price in the face of EMPTY shelves for 600s..Did you check the Sprint store for a stack of boxes??? How about Best Buy????

I will return on the "rumored day."

Peace.
  8. purpleZ
    ...always happy when someone makes the killer point...with no sales in months IF IF IF IF...Sprint were acting rationally..they would surely lower price in the face of no demand...NOW we learn they will lower price in the face of EMPTY shelves for 600s..Did you check the Sprint store for a stack of boxes??? How about Best Buy????

I will return on the "rumored day."

Peace.

The typical Sprint store received between two and four Treo 600s in October and won't get any more for a while yet. Four Treo 600s to sell in four weeks. Very intelligent. The shelves are "empty" not because of overwheming demand for these $600 phones, but because they barely got any stock in the first place! Handspring and Sprint butchered another rollout, but the way the competition is stacking up, in a year it may be academic anyway.

Come back on December 1 (it's the first week after number portability hits, by the way) and see who's right. You go ahead and lock yourself into a two year contract to save a couple bucks now. I'll wait and watch you crying in three weeks.

If the guy who says he's a Sprint rep is around ("Treodaddy"?), can you confirm the numbers I was given are right?
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Originally posted by purpleZ
    [B]

Come back on December 1 (it's the first week after number portability hits, by the way) and see who's right. You go ahead and lock yourself into a two year contract to save a couple bucks now. I'll wait and watch you crying in three weeks.
    I'd cry if I didnt have a Treo already...those who are early adopters never care about price. ;-)
    Last edited by ahalvor; 11/08/2003 at 11:37 PM.
    Treo 600 for FREE...no rebates, trades-ins, etc...

Just check your stocking on Dec 25 gratis the Big Red & White Cap

Happy to see you here with the Holiday season kick-off on December 1.

Happy Holidays.
    Treo 600 for FREE...no rebates, trades-ins, etc...

Just check your stocking on Dec 25 gratis the Big Red & White Cap

Happy to see you here with the Holiday season kick-off on December 1.

Happy Holidays.

What if you were bad this year?
    I have seen the Holiday promotion including pricing for the handsets. There are no plans to drop the T600 to 299, I can assure you of that. The only new phone deals are going to be a Buy-One Get-One free on the VGA 1000 (A620), and the new Ready Link (PTT) phones. They are also going to be offering the ability for your N&W min to start at 7pm for $5 more.

Do you really think ANYONE is buying the Treo 300? I talked to one Sprint store manager and he said they hadn't sold a Treo 300 in several months. MONTHS. Realistically, they should have knocked it's price down to $150 with a one year contract a long time ago. Amazon.com recently had a deal going where the Treo 300 was "free" if you played games with rebates, etc. I don't know about you but I think all those rebate offers are a scam.

Sprint and the other carriers have pissed off a lot of people over the years and they all know there's going to be a lot of carrier switching in three weeks, once number portability arrives. Anyone signing a two year contract right now is a fool.
    Of course they haven't sold any! The IDIOTS at HS basically killed the product before it's day by bombarding half the civilized world for months in advance with their VAPORWARE product, aka the Treo 600.

The goal was to FREEZE purchase decisions. Well, I suspect that the people hurt MOST by the frozen purchase decisions was HS itself, the largest seller of palm based phones.

These people are idiots and malicious.

They not only froze purchase decisions, they lied through their teeth about WHEN they would have product in consumer hands.
    Wouldn't bother me at all if it dropped another $100 at that time. By that time, my used 300 would probably be totally worthless on ebay. Unloading it right around the launch of the 600 got me quite a decent amount.
  15. purpleA
    Originally posted by happytreoowner
    I have seen the Holiday promotion including pricing for the handsets. There are no plans to drop the T600 to 299, I can assure you of that. The only new phone deals are going to be a Buy-One Get-One free on the VGA 1000 (A620), and the new Ready Link (PTT) phones. They are also going to be offering the ability for your N&W min to start at 7pm for $5 more.

(I had to change my user name because for some reason the board "moderator" decided to remove my account. This smells like purplism!)

You might want to double-check your info. Do you work at a Sprint store or do you actually work for Sprint? The person that told me about the new offers is a Sprint employee who I believe knows what they're talking about.
    I think it could be true, but I'm willing to bet that it is with a 2-year contract.

On bluetooth, sprint seems not to like it because they don't want people to use their PCs on vision (too bad pdanet allows it). People here seem to overhype bluetooth. To me, it is of limited value and I think so for many of the complainers, too. I think the best thing now would be a headset...for internet on other devices, a hotsync cable is faster and works better.
  17. purpleA
    Originally posted by steven975
    I think it could be true, but I'm willing to bet that it is with a 2-year contract.

On bluetooth, sprint seems not to like it because they don't want people to use their PCs on vision (too bad pdanet allows it). People here seem to overhype bluetooth. To me, it is of limited value and I think so for many of the complainers, too. I think the best thing now would be a headset...for internet on other devices, a hotsync cable is faster and works better.

I'll ask this person again next week, but they seemed pretty sure when they told me about it. And yes, it's with a two year contract. Carriers are desperate to keep people from switching around every year and the best deals we'll be seeing will be with the long contracts. I think they feel that if they can lock you in for two years, at the end of the contract you won't think it's worth the hassle to switch.

Sprint is apparently against Bluetooth. This may have been the major reason Handspring delayed adding it in. While using a BT connection to the Treo 600 as a modem may be slower, it would be convenient not having to worry about another cable. BT headsets may sound like a good idea, but I don't think the technology is quite there yet. Even Sony Ericsson's best models sound worse than an average wired headset. For $150 - $200 I don't want to be hearing echoing, crackling, static and muffled voices.
    Cutting the price in half of a product in high demand makes no logical sense whatsoever.

In fact the opposite tends to happen, especially with Sprint. Note how they increased the price of the Sanyo 8100 from $199.99 to $229.99 due to it's unexpected high demand.

I don't think the price of the T600 will be dropped anytime soon.
    I do work at a Sprint Store, and we just received the Holiday Promotion Package, and the Treo 300 is going down to $299, but not the Treo 600. That is still listed at $599 through the holidays.

The shelves are "empty" not because of overwheming demand for these $600 phones, but because they barely got any stock in the first place! Handspring and Sprint butchered another rollout, but the way the competition is stacking up, in a year it may be academic anyway.

There's no stock because people are buying them faster than they can ship them dumb ***.

The T300 is still in the system at $399. THAT is the phone that will be going down to $299.

And as it was pointed out, Sprint sometimes actually RAISES the price on a phone due to high demand. They can sale every 600 they get for $600 for the next few months with no problem. Give it till around April or May and get $100 or $150 off the phone then.

So when your oh so smart source looks again and tells you it's the T300 that's going to be $299 then come back and tell us how it feels to be stupid.
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast