Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    you are angry but correct...why so angry?
    Originally posted by ahalvor
    you are angry but correct...why so angry?
    well, i didn't think i was angry... but if i am it's because the original poster was trying to make it seem that the people who disagreed with him were idiots... on top of that his original purpose was to poke at and try to make people who bought the 600 for $399 feel bad or get them pissed, thinking they paid too much. there was no basis for his post and no factual information other than to incite people to get upset...... and it worked.
  3. purpleA
    Originally posted by rastoma

There's no stock because people are buying them faster than they can ship them dumb ***.

The T300 is still in the system at $399. THAT is the phone that will be going down to $299.

And as it was pointed out, Sprint sometimes actually RAISES the price on a phone due to high demand. They can sale every 600 they get for $600 for the next few months with no problem. Give it till around April or May and get $100 or $150 off the phone then.

So when your oh so smart source looks again and tells you it's the T300 that's going to be $299 then come back and tell us how it feels to be stupid.

Sounds like you've got some serious "issues". Next time, take a deep breath and count to ten before you press the "Submit Reply" button. I'll stand by what I was advised , but we'll all know soon enough who is correct.

By the way, your "There's no stock because people are buying them faster than they can ship them" rant is precisely correct. Those three or four Treo 600s alotted to each store would sell out within a month.

I assume based on the tone of your reply that you work at a Sprint store. The typical Sprint Store Guy appears to have about as much much intelligence as you seem to possess.

So, Sprint Boy: why don't you enlighten us all and tell us how many Treo 600s your store has received in the past four weeks?
    Originally posted by purpleZ
    No trade in or other games require. Finally an intelligent price. The early adopters aren't going to be happy!

(As told to me by a little bird at Sprint.)
    To this observer of the Purple People and their colorful record and dogmatic bias on this board, I think I'm detecting a new low here.... An attempt to curb the demand for the Treo 600 by suggesting that it would be sold cheaper soon. "... early adopters won't be very happy..." Hmmm.

Believe a PP (Purple Person) at your own peril!
    Originally posted by silverado

To this observer of the Purple People and their colorful record and dogmatic bias on this board, I think I'm detecting a new low here.... An attempt to curb the demand for the Treo 600 by suggesting that it would be sold cheaper soon. "... early adopters won't be very happy..." Hmmm.

exactly
    Originally posted by purpleA

Sounds like you've got some serious "issues". Next time, take a deep breath and count to ten before you press the "Submit Reply" button. I'll stand by what I was advised , but we'll all know soon enough who is correct.

By the way, your "There's no stock because people are buying them faster than they can ship them" rant is precisely correct. Those three or four Treo 600s alotted to each store would sell out within a month.

I assume based on the tone of your reply that you work at a Sprint store. The typical Sprint Store Guy appears to have about as much much intelligence as you seem to possess.

So, Sprint Boy: why don't you enlighten us all and tell us how many Treo 600s your store has received in the past four weeks?
    LOL!! I got issues?!? I'm not the one that is stupid enough to believe that Sprint is going to knock of THREE HUNDRED dollars off a phone after it being available for 2 months. Just think about that statement for a min. Do you not feel like a complete *** for believing such a thing?

And no loser, I don't work for Sprint or a Sprint store. I've had Sprint service for 5 years now and know exactly what is to be expected from them.

And after everyone knows you're intelligence level you're gonig to dare make a comment on intelligence after defending such a ridiculous 'rumour' ? HAHAHA.... I see it every day... people just like you that will argue over a point that is wrong but they just can't stand to be wrong so no matter what they're going to argue about it.

OH well. I guess I'll wait 'till the $299 T600's come out and buy one for a spare. Thanks for the 'info'.

Originally posted by silverado

You know, purple used to be a "royal" color - around here, it only stands for a "royal pain in the a##."
    Originally posted by purpleZ

Obviously it's with a (two year) contract. I'm not yet sure what the price will be with a one year contract (probably $399).

Carriers in the U.S. are finally going to have to start offering better deals to keep their customers. The only question is how long before Handspring adds the Bluetooth chip to the phone like they had originally planned to. I don't think the beancounters at Handspring realized how much leaving out BT would hurt them.
    Yes. Bluetooth would have been such a great feature on this phone. I could use the HandsFreeLink feature in the car I'm buying. You can view incoming calls on the Information Display, voice dial and direct dial numbers stored in the NAV system.
    I don't see why so many people think the price won't be dropping. I was an early adopter of the first treo (the 180, which I'm still using), which dropped in price by something like $100 a month and a half after I got it. If I recall correctly, the 270 had a similar drop in price shortly after it came out. Generally most early adopters expect to pay a premium for their "early" status... teasing them with discounts is pointless seeing as how they just wanted to have the desired item as fast as possible regardless of cost. So I wouldn't be surprised at all if this price change is true. Besides, too many people have been "absolutely sure" of things around here that haven't ended up being true. And the holiday shopping period is practically upon us. So guess we'll have to wait and see.

Personally, I'm paying more attention to the carrier plans being offered. With number portability, competition will increase and that only means good things for consumers. Sure carriers will attempt to lock you in with 2 yr contracts, but even for 1yr contracts I expect better pricing to entice people from competitors.
    Those of you who wish to wait for a price drop will have to wait approximately 6 months -- there are no plans to drop the core price of the phone, pre-carrier rebate within the next six months.

How do I know this? Best friend works for PalmOne's advertising agency, and plans/buys all their advertising.

In their entire history, Sprint NEVER ate $300 on a phone. Never. Their shareholders would eat them alive. It would take them 2 years to make the money back on a customer who gave them zero profit on a unit that expensive.

This is the most absurd thing I've heard. Too many trolls here.
  11. purpleA
    Originally posted by rastoma

LOL!! I got issues?!? I'm not the one that is stupid enough to believe that Sprint is going to knock of THREE HUNDRED dollars off a phone after it being available for 2 months. Just think about that statement for a min. Do you not feel like a complete *** for believing such a thing?

And no loser, I don't work for Sprint or a Sprint store. I've had Sprint service for 5 years now and know exactly what is to be expected from them.

And after everyone knows you're intelligence level you're gonig to dare make a comment on intelligence after defending such a ridiculous 'rumour' ? HAHAHA.... I see it every day... people just like you that will argue over a point that is wrong but they just can't stand to be wrong so no matter what they're going to argue about it.

OH well. I guess I'll wait 'till the $299 T600's come out and buy one for a spare. Thanks for the 'info'.

Actually, they aren't "going to knock of THREE HUNDRED dollars off a phone after it being available for 2 months" (sic). The current price for the Treo 600 with two year contract is $450. $450 - $300 = $150. With your attitude and brainpower, you really should apply to work in a Sprint store.

I was simply trying to pass along some info I felt would be helpful to people here on the board. If some of you want to accuse me of "trolling", so be it. By the way, my user name was supposed to be a joke, but it looks like it went over the heads of a few of the above posters. Have a nice day.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Rather than complaining, you guys should be thrilled you can get a Treo 600 - I am stuck with Verizon which has the worst phone line up of all the carriers, bar none! Our only option is the clunky i700 or the half-baked crippled i600!

Be happy you have the Treo 600 - and enjoy!

If you want to ***** about crappy phones and conspiracies, sign up with Verizon!
    I got my Treo600 in Oct for $299 after a 1 year contract with Sprint and after purchasing a Treo 300 code on eBay for $3. So getting it for $299 with a 2 year contact doesn't sound unreasonable at all.
    Last edited by momojojo45; 11/10/2003 at 10:49 PM.
    First of all Purple, I really do take offense to your comments about people that work in a Sprint Store. That is exactly where I work, and I am almost certain that I have more knowledge and information in my little finger than you have in your entire body. (Not to say that is the case with all of my co-workers, but not everyone can know everything about everything). Just because you have had bad interactions with the workers in Sprint Stores does not mean that everyone that works in a Sprint Store is a complete ***** (Again, not speaking for all of my co-workers). I will tell you for a FACT.....the Treo 600 will not be dropping in price any lower that a retail price of $599.99, $499.99 on a one year contract, or $449.99 on a two year contract. That is unless there is a change to the current promotion that was released to the retail stores on Thursday of last week (which I can assure you, unless your information source is Gary Forsee or John Garcia, they would not know). I do understand that your source may be very repuitible, and may have given you some good information in the past, but this time the information that he has given you is incorrect.

I did not mean for this in any way to attack Purple, I just want everyone to understand that there is not going to be a reduction in price to the Treo 600 at least until after the first of the year since that is the length of this current promotion. And I know that Purple is going to probably reply to this post with hostitily against me for questioning him and his almighty knowledge, but we all must understand that people who spend their entire lives on message boards trying to prove to eveyone else how smart they are, generally have no life and really are only smart enough to access a message board and talk about things they don't know and talk about people they don't know without looking dumb in person, only virtually. So please, if any one has any questions about the truth of what is actually going on with Sprint PCS, please feel free to email me or post here. It isn't that I don't have a life, but I am married, so, well, I guess, I really don't have a life.
  15. purpleA
    Originally posted by happytreoowner
    First of all Purple, I really do take offense to your comments about people that work in a Sprint Store. That is exactly where I work, and I am almost certain that I have more knowledge and information in my little finger than you have in your entire body. (Not to say that is the case with all of my co-workers, but not everyone can know everything about everything). Just because you have had bad interactions with the workers in Sprint Stores does not mean that everyone that works in a Sprint Store is a complete ***** (Again, not speaking for all of my co-workers). I will tell you for a FACT.....the Treo 600 will not be dropping in price any lower that a retail price of $599.99, $499.99 on a one year contract, or $449.99 on a two year contract. That is unless there is a change to the current promotion that was released to the retail stores on Thursday of last week (which I can assure you, unless your information source is Gary Forsee or John Garcia, they would not know). I do understand that your source may be very repuitible, and may have given you some good information in the past, but this time the information that he has given you is incorrect.

I did not mean for this in any way to attack Purple, I just want everyone to understand that there is not going to be a reduction in price to the Treo 600 at least until after the first of the year since that is the length of this current promotion. And I know that Purple is going to probably reply to this post with hostitily against me for questioning him and his almighty knowledge, but we all must understand that people who spend their entire lives on message boards trying to prove to eveyone else how smart they are, generally have no life and really are only smart enough to access a message board and talk about things they don't know and talk about people they don't know without looking dumb in person, only virtually. So please, if any one has any questions about the truth of what is actually going on with Sprint PCS, please feel free to email me or post here. It isn't that I don't have a life, but I am married, so, well, I guess, I really don't have a life.

I appreciate your input, but I'll be waiting to see if the info I received was correct in three weeks. I believe it is, but I respect your right to disagree.

I'm sorry to hear that you were offended by my characterization of the typical Sprint Store Guy. While no doubt you are the second coming of da Vinci - working at a Sprint store by day to pay for art supplies and blueprint paper - anyone here that's ever stepped foot into a Sprint store will know all too well what your co-workers (but not you) are like.

The only hostilities I've seen in this thread have been those directed toward me. I'm still not sure I understand the degree of anger expressed here, but it appears that like many message boards, people lack normal inhibitions and feel free to act out "Board Rage" from the security of their home computers. I'd be interested to see if any of these posters talk like this in the real world.
    So I am to assume that whatever you do for a living is much more noble than working in a Sprint store. That is great for you, and I hope that you are happy with your career path. I don't think that anyone here is directing their hostilities toward you, it is that fact that since people have disagreed with you, you have been very defensive and offensive in your posts. Why are you so mad? Did daddy not pay enough attention to you when you were younger? Whatever your deal may be, I think that you are the one that is exhibiting "board rage". If you would like to discuss things in person, I would be more than happy to show you some of my paintings in person. Just let me know when and where would be convenient for you.
    I have exactly zero input on the flame wars here, but I would also not be surprised to see a price drop soon.

The offers w/ new activation don't help me, as I have a 9-month old 300. To pass the time I occasionally call up SPCS and try to wrangle the $200 upgrade deal (return your $399 300 under the 1 year warranty, then apply towards the $599 600, as discussed in previous posts), but so far I've no takers.

There's just too much uncertainty surrounding portability, coupled with the inevitable drop in price of a new product. I also expect the carrier plans to change significantly, so much so that I may eventually pay the $300 to break my contract in exchange for saving $40/mo. in service on a new plan.

Of course all of this will change when the second hinge breaks on my 300 lid (one hinge cracked already). Then it's time to use the earbud to activate the equipment protection plan, wait 30 days and cry wolf.
  18. purpleA
    Originally posted by rollins
    I have exactly zero input on the flame wars here, but I would also not be surprised to see a price drop soon.

There's just too much uncertainty surrounding portability, coupled with the inevitable drop in price of a new product. I also expect the carrier plans to change significantly, so much so that I may eventually pay the $300 to break my contract in exchange for saving $40/mo. in service on a new plan.
    To put prices in perspective, the "$600" Treo 600 is available right now for $400 with a one year contract, one month after its debut.

The AT&T GSM version will list for $550 and should be down to $350 with a one year contract soon after it's released. Those doubting the two year $300 Treo 600 will be pleasantly surprised very soon.
    I'll just toss in here my own personal opinions. I wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprised to see the price drop to $299 with a two-year contract. As others have noted, we have number portability and the holiday shopping season all hitting us at the same time. Handspring has offered Treo owners an unlocked non-contracted 600 for $399, which wouldn't surprise me if that's about the cost they sell them to Sprint for. If so, that would mean that Sprint would be "losing" $100 in exchange for a 2-year contract lock-in.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Originally posted by Scott R
    Handspring has offered Treo owners an unlocked non-contracted 600 for $399, which wouldn't surprise me if that's about the cost they sell them to Sprint for.
    Yeah, I should have jumped on that one. Thought it expired 31 Oct but I was actually a day late to visit the site (expired 29 Oct).

Any better deals out there for current SPCS customers? (Better than the $599, I mean.) I don't mind extending my contract, even though I have 15 mos. left, but I just can't seem to get the "new activation" price of $399 unless I pay the $300 termination fee. Maybe add-a-phone, I guess, but the last thing I need is another $40/mo.

dcr
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast