1.    #1  
    Hi all:

There must be a way to download a .wav file directly onto the device and play the thing.

I find it hard to believe that there is no software developer out there in the community that can come up with a solution for this.

Has anyone figured out a way how?

trout256
    PocketTunes that you get free as a registration gift is not only an MP3/Ogg Vorbis player. It also plays WAVs. Just drag the wav file into the install tool just as you would an MP3.
  3.    #3  
    What I am talking about is downloading a .wav file from Blazer, or maybe even an email program on the device, and then being able to play the .wav directly (not having to 'sync' the device with a desktop or laptop computer).

Am I making any sense? I just wanna download a .wav file with Blazer and be able to play the stupid thing on the Treo!

must be a way to do it...

trout256
    Originally posted by Poryphyron
    PocketTunes that you get free as a registration gift is not only an MP3/Ogg Vorbis player. It also plays WAVs. Just drag the wav file into the install tool just as you would an MP3.
    Uuuh, where is the "Install Tool"? I'm trying to import a music track onto my SD card for the first time.

Thanks.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    lI found out where the Tool button is. I just don't why it takes such a long time to sync music.
    Most of the Palm apps you install are tiny little things compared to the size of a music file. Plus, the speed of SD cards can vary dramatically from one maufacturer to another. Add it all up, and it *seems* like there is something wrong with your download, but that;s just how long it takes.

As for me, I use iSilo to download several discussion boards every morning. I sync before I leave for work. I work in hospital O.R.'s, where *no* wireless signal can penetrate, due to the heavy shielding. Having all my fav discussion boards in iSilo means I can do offline browsing without a live wireless signal, which is cool. I set iSilo to download every morning at 4:30am.

The downside? It takes a loooooooong time to sync. I'm transferring multiple files that are 2-4 mb in size, which is an order of magnitude larger than typical palm app files.

But what do I care? iSiloX downloads my stuff while I sleep, and my Treo syncs while I shower and shave.

Automation. It's the next best thing to convergence.

(Hey! That's pretty good! Maybe I finally invented myself a cool new signature line!)
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    So now we just need a program that allows us to use the wav or mp3 file as a ringer...
    Not all treasure is silver and gold.
    Originally posted by DSDxp
    So now we just need a program that allows us to use the wav or mp3 file as a ringer...
    Yeah, I tried wavAlarms (search for related threads). On Tungsten devices, it triggers wav files from the SD card based on alarms issued from particular applications. You could assign different wav files to different alarms issued by different Palm applications.

However, I couldn't get it to work except for assigning a wav file to the Treo's general alarm screen (for mail, SMS, etc.). Nor could I get it to replace a ringtone. Notwithstanding no official support for the Treo 600, the developer said that it wasn't desiged to do ringtone replacement. :-(

Anybody else have a suggestion? Based on the above application, I bet it COULD be done.
    Originally posted by DSDxp
    Yeah, I tried wavAlarms (search for related threads). On Tungsten devices, it triggers wav files from the SD card based on alarms issued from particular applications. You could assign different wav files to different alarms issued by different Palm applications.

However, I couldn't get it to work except for assigning a wav file to the Treo's general alarm screen (for mail, SMS, etc.). Nor could I get it to replace a ringtone. Notwithstanding no official support for the Treo 600, the developer said that it wasn't desiged to do ringtone replacement. :-(

Anybody else have a suggestion? Nothwithstanding, and based on the above application, I bet it COULD be done...