Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    I love my new treo 600 but I fear that with the palm merger this product line will be sunset. Not sure if Palm leadership will support treo long-term?
    Palm bought Handspring for the Treo. I doubt they will discontinue it. I bet they will make it ALOT better actually. I love my Treo's, but the quality could be a lot better.
    i agree. what else did handspring have if not the treo's. not to say they might not change the name, and certainly all you have to do is read this board to know that improvements are needed. but hopefully palm has the resources to do so.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    palmone will merge the best of the Tw & T600. better display more batt time faster.
    Problem is will they be sooo tight that they will forget about casual use and focus on the bussiness side. Thus they will not develop the "Fun Factor"
    An example is the camera. I don't really use it but I like having it.
    I've got a W and a 600. Let's hope the 600 does more of the influencing!
    <strong>Patrick</strong><br>Palm Pilot Professional -> Palm IIIc -> Samsung i300 (Sprint) -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Cingular) -> Treo 750 (Cingular)
    i have read a # of articles that have our right states that off the record all of the principles on both the hs and p side fo the deal say it was b/c of treo 600 that the deal was approched or completed! take care, Jay
    Originally posted by BD1
    I love my new treo 600 but I fear that with the palm merger this product line will be sunset. Not sure if Palm leadership will support treo long-term?
    The Treo can't be the next Newton - the Newton actually shipped to retail customers, unlike the GSM Treos.
    Originally posted by ilovedessert
    i have read a # of articles that have our right states that off the record all of the principles on both the hs and p side fo the deal say it was b/c of treo 600 that the deal was approched or completed! take care, Jay
    Duh.....

They've discontinued all HS non-phone PDAs. They are giving away 270s and 300;s for free after rebate.

What else was left?????
    Originally posted by zipmitz

The Treo can't be the next Newton - the Newton actually shipped to retail customers, unlike the GSM Treos.
    Oh hahahah hohohoh hahaha.....you are so funny....for me to **** on!

TheHandlessKing

yes, I am that clever.
  10. purpleX
    There is one scenario where treo will go Newton. Sales is not showing up as expected by late 2004, that combined with persistent internal bickering over the direction of next major release will greatly affect Palmone bottom line.

If the problem become so great, palm will simply has to cut the lost. (Knowing treo and handspring players, these are not entirely improbable)
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Originally posted by turnepf
    I've got a W and a 600. Let's hope the 600 does more of the influencing!
    ha! I totally agree...I am sending my W back to ATT today!
  12. purpleZ
    Originally posted by purpleW

That was a cheap shot. For some reason the GSM models have already shipped to those lame *** Europeans, even though the U.S. market is what kept Handspring alive all these years. Games by Sprint, perhaps?

Urban legend has it that billions of U.S. market GSM Treo 600s are sitting in crates in a hangar at Area 51, waiting for the word to come down for shipment "real soon now".

Will the new Treos incorporate alien technology? Is this Jeff Hawkins' "unbelievable next big thing™"? Inquiring minds want to know.
  13. purpleZ
    Originally posted by ahalvor

ha! I totally agree...I am sending my W back to ATT today!
    I've never actually seen someone publicly admit to having bought a T|W. Congratulations, that's the first step.

Group leader: "Hey everybody, this is ahalvor."

Group: "Hi, ahalvor."

ahalvor: "I'm ahalvor, and I'm a T|W user."

Today is the first day of the rest of your life...
    The TRUTH is out there!

Too funny!

Z says...
    Urban legend has it that billions of U.S. market GSM Treo 600s are sitting in crates in a hangar at Area 51, waiting for the word to come down for shipment "real soon now".

Will the new Treos incorporate alien technology?
    - My Newton finally died this past summer when my 9 year old son dropped it one too many times (he's been using it since he was 6).
    - The rechargable battery still lasted longer than my T300, and his friends thought it looked "cooler", although I had to explain that years ago most folks used telephone lines to access the internet..
    /
    Originally posted by purpleZ

That was a cheap shot. For some reason the GSM models have already shipped to those lame *** Europeans, even though the U.S. market is what kept Handspring alive all these years. Games by Sprint, perhaps?

Will the new Treos incorporate alien technology? Is this Jeff Hawkins' "unbelievable next big thing™"? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Why are you so inclined to slam Sprint?

The people who you are owed a duty to is HS. Not Sprint. HS is the company that got your appetite whetted and then crapped out. NO ONE ELSE.
  17. purpleA
    Originally posted by zipmitz

Why are you so inclined to slam Sprint?

The people who you are owed a duty to is HS. Not Sprint. HS is the company that got your appetite whetted and then crapped out. NO ONE ELSE.

Please send the decoder ring that was supposed to come with this message.
    Originally posted by purpleA

Please send the decoder ring that was supposed to come with this message.
    In the offhand possibility that you really didn't understand what I was referencing, I was responding to the point that another poster made indicating that the delayed release of GSM handsets domestically may have been attributable to games being played by Sprint.

My point was why blame Sprint? HS is responsible for managing their own product and keeping their commitments to their GSM customers.

To the extent that there are delays and disappointments regarding domestic GSM shipments, it's ALL in HS's court.

There is ONE HS and THREE or more GSM carriers (to say nothing about the countless re-sellers of unlocked units). The odds that THEY are all villains and HS is the good guy is remote.
    Originally posted by purpleZ

...the GSM models have already shipped to those lame *** Europeans...

I'm Italian... European tough... am I a lame *** just because YOU didn't got your Treo 600 yet?
    Do you really think we Europeans said "Dear HS, please ship 'em to us first!"?

Originally posted by tbyte

I'm Italian... European tough... am I a lame *** just because YOU didn't got your Treo 600 yet?
    Do you really think we Europeans said "Dear HS, please ship 'em to us first!"?

Well... it's been a lot of time since I wrote something in english last time... sorry.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast