1.    #1  
    WordComplete causes the treo to ddoouubbllee every keyboard entry.
    IMO, TextPlus is much better than WordComplete. TP will support T600 in 2 weeks, according to SmartCell's quick reply to my email today:: "We will release a new version in two weeks to solve the problem with Treo 600."
    Released.

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...re&prodID=4037

"Version 5.4(11/15/03)
    * Added support for HandSpring Treo 600..."
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I wrote CIC about this and they said that (obviously) WordComplete is not fully compatible with the Treo 600 yet but they are working on a new version to fix this.

Keith
    Originally posted by peridoc
    I wrote CIC about this and they said that (obviously) WordComplete is not fully compatible with the Treo 600 yet but they are working on a new version to fix this.
    Yes, and since early October, they've been sending this same canned reply. If you send them a message asking when the new version might be ready or asking if you could help test a beta version, you get back the same canned message, so I wouldn't hold my breath here.
    Regards,

Robert
    Originally posted by elysian9
    Released.

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...re&prodID=4037

"Version 5.4(11/15/03)
    * Added support for HandSpring Treo 600..."
    Another awesome recommendation & program! Thank you
    Originally posted by Cory J

Another awesome recommendation & program! Thank you
    You're welcome!

I made the mistake of installing 5.2 (not T600 compat) and over-installing 5.4, and it made my T600 misbehave badly, because I wanted my old customized added words and phrases. This caused the phrase popups to not work right and made the whole app buggy and weird. I had a hard time deleting the files. So... do not over-install 5.4 or install previous versions. Install 5.4 alone only and clean, and re-enter your registration number.
    OK, I must be doing something wrong. I was using Textplus and loved it -- but it crashed my Treo whenever I went on the Web to enter text to do a search.

So I deleted the program and just reinstalled it (latest version). The same thing is happening. Is there a certain setting or something that I need to do to successfully use this product.

Please advise.

Thanks,

M.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  9. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Blazer and TP don't work well together. TP is supposed to have an update in a week. TP works in all other apps and you can turn off TP for Blazer in TP prefs.
    Originally posted by BD1
    Blazer and TP don't work well together. TP is supposed to have an update in a week. TP works in all other apps and you can turn off TP for Blazer in TP prefs.
    Thanks! Worked after using your suggestion. This program will save me so much time in text entry.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    2 questions.

1. Which app is better? Wordcomplete or Textplus. I believe both are $12. I am currently trying wordcomplete. Seems to work fine so far ......

2. Anyone have a list of commonly mis"thumbed" words? My previous blackberry came with a similar program and had some 200 entries preloaded. With I knew what they were now .....

Tremendous app IMO. Saves enormous time when entering standard words and phrases.
    ok, i must be stupid or something, but my copy of TEXTPLUS is useless.

TEXTPLUS 5.4 cannot pop-up any word/phrase window when i write in to do/calendar, etc...

...i got ALL APPLICATIONS box checked in TEXTPLUS options, and still i never saw a single word pop up while i enter text...

what am i doing wrong, please heeeelp !!!

First of all, disable all applications or it will crash Blazer. Second, go to options and tell it which apps to work with - include datebook.
    thanks !!!

don't really know what i did wrong, but disabled blazer and now everything's working fine !!!

TextPlus is a great app... thanks for the tip!

Are they still planning to fix the Blazer issues?
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
    I have no idea if they're planning to fix the blazer issue or not. But as well as it works everywhere else, and the little you actually type when browsing, I can live with it disabled in Blazer.

It is definitely a must-have.
    Textplus
    Ender
    What else is out there. What else works??
    Sorry about the typing errors; I'm all thumbs.