Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Picked up my GSM Treo 600 from my firm's Cingular rep. today.

The phone itself does not carry any Cingular markings on the outside, although it does have a full screen Cingular logo when wireless is turned on. The barcode label on the box also identifies it as a Cingular edition.

The Box it came in is the standard Handspring box, not one of those Cingular boxes.

It is definitely unlocked as I popped my TMobile SIM in and had no problem with connecting.

So far I'm loving it!
    Thank you for the feedback. I cant wait until they ship!
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Thanks Mike,

This confirmation means a lot to a bunch of us waiting in the wings.
  4.    #4  
    Also, although it seems to be setup with Cingular's web settings it did allow me to enter alternate settings so I believe it should not be a problem setting up for T-Mobile's GPRS.

One glitch I did experience was when syncing for the first time. I had installed the new Palm Desktop over the old version, as instructed and synced to get all my old info onto the new Treo. At the end of the process, the unit went into a loop where it just continually reset itself. The only way to stop it was to hold down the wireless button on top and choose to erase all data.

Once I did that I re-synced and everything went ok.
    I'm happy/jealous for/of you Mike. When you get a chance, could you post how the TMO GPRS settings appear in Network connections? Enjoy it.
  6.    #6  
    I am not actually using T-Mobile with the 600. I don't currently have GPRS active on my account but as I mentioned, you can input alternate network settings. you should be able to ger the settings from T-Mobile or on here.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    How's the voice reception on the phone? How does it work in fringe areas?
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    FYI - I walked into a cingular store on a whi last night and found out that they actually had 5 t600s in stock. I asked to buy one but they said that it was not in the system! "Are you telling me that you ahve one but you can't sell it to me," I said. They tried again and it turned out that they could.

The rep said that lots of people have been asking about the new treo. I signed up for 500 rollover + 3 month all you can eat MMS promotion + SMS. After 3 months the MMS goes to 20 or 25 messages I think. After that they are $0.25 each!

If anyone has any questions, I Would be happy to try and answer.

pete
    How does the Cingular data speed compare to Sprint. Is is noticeably slower?
    Originally posted by mas90guru
    How does the Cingular data speed compare to Sprint. Is is noticeably slower?
    i have no idea since I have always had cingular. i hear that sprint is a little bit faster...
    Originally posted by pmauro
    FYI - I walked into a cingular store on a whi last night and found out that they actually had 5 t600s in stock. I asked to buy one but they said that it was not in the system! "Are you telling me that you ahve one but you can't sell it to me," I said. They tried again and it turned out that they could.

pete
    where are you located and how much did it cost you?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    If Cingular has the Treo 600 in there stores why is Handspring not releasing them until November 17th?
    Hi pmauro,

the same old good question - is your Treo locked to Cingular network or not? Could you please take SIM-card from other operator and check it? Also can you create new network connections?

Thanx in advance
  14.    #14  
    the device is not locked to cingular. it is also possible to enter network settings other than cingular's. reception has been very good in central nj, brooklyn, queens, nassau and suffolk. I had a little trouble with gprs at first but my last few posts have been from the treo.
    Originally posted by millerhifi

where are you located and how much did it cost you?
    i bought it in pasadena and paid $499 - a $100 premium over handspring.com
    Thanks,
    I just stopped by the Valencia store in Santa Clarita and they do not have them yet. They are a corporate store and already have pricing but not sure of a release date. They say any day. They also said that it is quiet possible that any other authorized Cingular agents could already have them and be willing to sell as you've just experienced but as a corporate store they are real strict on the release dates and can't sell until they have an official go!
    It's still a better deal to buy from HS if you are an existing treo customer and since I already ordered on 11/02 I'll just wait it out. What's another week!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    What are the plans like - does Cingular offer an unlimited data plan or is it by the megabyte?
  18.    #18  
    I got mine for $499 less a $100 trade in promotion. You should inquire about this.

My firm's rep said this was a cingular promo but perhaps it's just for the northeast.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Originally posted by pmauro

i bought it in pasadena and paid $499 - a $100 premium over handspring.com

Did they offer some sort of warranty or insurance plan through them?
    Originally posted by mas90guru
    What are the plans like - does Cingular offer an unlimited data plan or is it by the megabyte?
    Cingulars data rate plans aren't that great.
    You can choose from 5 different levels:

1mb $6.99
    5mb $14.99
    10mb$24.99
    20mb$34.99
    40mb$54.99
    or unlimited for $74.99
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast