Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by Exciter

Did they offer some sort of warranty or insurance plan through them?
    Hey Kirby,
    They do offer phone insurance:

Dropped, Left Behind, Drenched, Stolen or Lost? We've got you covered. $3.99 monthly premium and service fees, $50 deductible per claim Convenient, Affordable Wireless Phone Insurance

Wireless Phone Insurance lets you protect your phone equipment for only pennies a day. This unique insurance is available by special arrangement to Cingular Wireless customers thorough Continental Casualty Company, a CNA Company, and administered by lock/line.

Please contact Lockline at 1-888-562-8662 to enroll.

http://www.cingular.com/Brochures/Insurance
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Originally posted by millerhifi

Hey Kirby,
    They do offer phone insurance:

Dropped, Left Behind, Drenched, Stolen or Lost? We've got you covered. $3.99 monthly premium and service fees, $50 deductible per claim Convenient, Affordable Wireless Phone Insurance

Wireless Phone Insurance lets you protect your phone equipment for only pennies a day. This unique insurance is available by special arrangement to Cingular Wireless customers thorough Continental Casualty Company, a CNA Company, and administered by lock/line.

Please contact Lockline at 1-888-562-8662 to enroll.

http://www.cingular.com/Brochures/Insurance

Thanks!!!!
    Originally posted by Exciter

Did they offer some sort of warranty or insurance plan through them?
    I posted info about this a few days ago. Cingular uses lock\line to handle their handset insurance. Unfortunately they do not insure PDA-phones for Cingular. Sprint also uses lock\line and for them they do insure phones.

This was reason enough for me to no longer consider Cingular. I plan on signing up with T-Mobile instead.
    Originally posted by mikegold
    I got mine for $499 less a $100 trade in promotion. You should inquire about this.

My firm's rep said this was a cingular promo but perhaps it's just for the northeast.
    Really? Did you buy it in a store or through their business office? I need to look into this!

pete
  5.    #25  
    Originally posted by pmauro

Really? Did you buy it in a store or through their business office? I need to look into this!

pete

I purchased through our corporate rep. and picked up the phone from their office in Roseland, NJ.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Mike,

I would like to make an empassioned plea on behalf of the huge number of us that are wondering if the Cingular edition phone we pre-ordered will work seamlessly with T-Mobile. (And judging by the number of viewers of this thread, I would say its definitely a huge number.)

Yes, you have already gone a long way towards calming our anxiety with your confirmation that your Cingular edition is unlocked and that you can edit network configurations.

But you could really set our minds at ease if you could you also answer two more questions for us! Firstly, do you know anyone who has T-Mobile with GPRS that you could borrow a SIM card from to test if TMo GPRS works seamlessly on your T600?

Secondly, many of us have been agonizing for the past week over the definition of the word "optimized" in HandSpring's recommendation in their FAQ not to use the T600 that has been "optimized" for Cingular with any other carrier. Is there any other software that came with your T600 that seems to have been pre-set or "optimized" for Cingular? Or, in your estimation, is the full extent of the "optimization" simply the logo and the (editable) Cingular GPRS settings?

Thanks so much for helping us out!
  7.    #27  
    Unfortunately I can't think of anyone I know with T-Mobile and GPRS enabled.

As far as the optimization...I see nothing special on the device other than the big Cingular logo that pops up when wireless is activated and the Cingular web settings.

The phone was set up to go to the Cingular "mywirelessworld" web page as the default home page but I changed that without a problem.
    One potential problem I see with using the Cingular version on T-Mobile is handling warranty repairs. Handspring currently referres you to your carrier if you have problems with your device and the carrier is supposed to handle replacements. How do people think this would work if you don't have service from the carrier the phone is associated with?
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Silverado,

I think you have exposed the only real issue for the GSM deal with cingular. I honestly think that this will be a PIA for PalmOne.
    Scenario: TMO GSM user orders cingularized version in fear that TMO will not accommodate or will be out later than sooner. TMO GSM is released and same GSM user buys TMO version of 600, uses the 30 day return policy and ships the cingular version back.
    So PalmOne ships 2x and receives one back. Should the GSM user run into problems with the cingular one (ie. no TMO is introduced, it is introduced way late, cingular version breaks) the user can simply switch over to cingular and enjoy new # portability.

I ordered a cingular GSM and will receive and see what happens..I let the upgrade deal offered for the visorphone get away last time and I won't let it happen to me again.

Silver, real good angle on this, input greatly appreciated.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12