1.    #1  
    Once again I'm posting this question. Does anybody know of a Palm app that will allow you to send a magic packet (wake on lan command) from your Treo? This would be INCREDIBLY useful for someone like me. Please... anyone?

Sin,
    -Paul
    If you do a search there are some products that you can run wake on lan from a website. There also is palmvnc and there is a terminal services client that you can take control of a pc in order to do a wol. I would look into a web option. I doubt you'll find a way to use wake on lan through the palm. Even if you find the program you'll also have to vpn into your network in order to send the packet becuase WOL isn't routable.
  3.    #3  
    Hmmm, never seen a site that can send a packet out for you. Could you provide a link?

The routing issue isn't and issue because of Mergic VPN. Also I'd mainly use this for my home machine. Next I'll have to figure out how to get a router/firewall to send the packets for me via telnet.

Sin,
    -Paul
    www.dslreports.com, under tools
    Originally posted by reverland
    I would look into a web option. I doubt you'll find a way to use wake on lan through the palm. Even if you find the program you'll also have to vpn into your network in order to send the packet becuase WOL isn't routable.
    Hmmm. WOL does operate at layer 2, however it only requires the right string of bytes which can be inside of a layer three packet. Most implementations of WOL that I've worked with can send the magic packets via UDP which is routable.

I've used DSLreports.com, which theevaluator mentioned, many times to power up my PC at home.