1.    #1  
    Looks like they cost the same ($15). So why have both then?
    Picture Mail Vision does what normal Vision does, plus pictures. The only difference is the credit for downloads ($5 vs $10 respectively).

So why have normal Vision as an option then? Is it so the $10 a month vision people can't call and ask to be switched for to the new service w/o paying the extra $5?

TIA, Matt
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    Looks like they cost the same ($15). So why have both then?
    Picture Mail Vision does what normal Vision does, plus pictures. The only difference is the credit for downloads ($5 vs $10 respectively).

So why have normal Vision as an option then? Is it so the $10 a month vision people can't call and ask to be switched for to the new service w/o paying the extra $5?

TIA, Matt
    Unlimited Vision for $10 is an old add-on from when Vision was first rolled out. Since then they have done away with that option and now there are 3 Vision Packs: Premium, Picture, and Professional. If you have an old $10 option, they won't make you get rid of it, but will try to get you to get the Picture Mail option added on for $5 more. Also, the $10 Vision option has no credit for downloads.
    I had the old unlimited Vision. I kept getting msgs about picture mail intro period ending. I called Sprint and they added it to mine for free.
  4.    #4  
    Just the answer I wanted to hear....Thanks!!!!!
    I have old vision, yet I can send and receive pictures to/from friends with picture vision. So I'm wondering what extra does Picture Vision do. I mean some phones can add voice, but it seems like you can't on the Treo. So ummm, what's the deal?
  6.    #6  
    I can do both too, it's just that come Nov 17th, the free 2 month offer (for picture mail) is up. I tried to call and get my normal vision converted to the picture vision (it's the same retial price), but as I suspected (see my first post) they want me to pay the current price of $15, even though they are the same price (picture and non-picture vison) and I don't give a hoot about the ring tone credit. matt
    Well they never asked me about picture vision and it just worked. They didn't say anything like "we are changing your plan to include free picture vision for 2 months." As far as I know and I've been lead to believe the Vision I had on my Treo 300 allows me to send and receive pictures the same as picture mail. I would be in shock if that's not the case in the future.
    Originally posted by bmacfarland
    Well they never asked me about picture vision and it just worked. They didn't say anything like "we are changing your plan to include free picture vision for 2 months." As far as I know and I've been lead to believe the Vision I had on my Treo 300 allows me to send and receive pictures the same as picture mail. I would be in shock if that's not the case in the future.
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $that$ $is$ $the$ $case$.

They never asked me or told me I was getting a free trial of picture mail. It just worked. Then suddenly I got messages from sprint that my free trial would expire on 10/28 and to click to add picture mail to my service (I have the $10 unlimited vision from my 300).

I declined and now can no longer use picture mail.
    I wondered the same thing. This weekend I guess I used Picture mail to send photos.

It just worked. That being said, I signed up for unlimited Vision and that is what I would expect them to give me ... Vision w/o any limitations.

I have a ton of minutes each month and don't anticipate changing it. With the rate I pay, my choice seems to have been a good one.