1.    #1  
    what do people use for pop/smtp email access?

i use yahoo biz email via their web interface and whilst blazer can render it, it's so messed up, it's almost unusable.

my only option as far as i can tell is to use an email application on the device itself and hopefully do everything via imap - reading my messages is fine via pop but i don't want to have sent messages on my phone and not on my regular account.

any suggestions ?
    SnapperMail for POP3 and heavy-duty email reading (attachments, etc). Chatter for IMAP pushed email. Both will allow sending via (virtually) any SMTP host.

-m
  3.    #3  
    is the chatter app you mention the one at imchatter.com ? that looks interesting - especially as i also use yahoo messenger.
    Originally posted by opensoar
    what do people use for pop/smtp email access?

i use yahoo biz email via their web interface and whilst blazer can render it, it's so messed up, it's almost unusable.

my only option as far as i can tell is to use an email application on the device itself and hopefully do everything via imap - reading my messages is fine via pop but i don't want to have sent messages on my phone and not on my regular account.

any suggestions ?
    POP shouldn't cause a problem with getting e-mail on your account when not on your phone. Just make sure the client doesn't delete messages from the server. That way when you get e-mail via Outlook or whatever client, you can also get it through your client on the Treo and neither one will prevent the other from getting the e-mails.
  5.    #5  
    that's what i meant in my message - pop i fine but i doin't want to send an email from my treo and not have access to it via the web interface - the best solution by far for me is a version of the web interface for pdas - yahoo is decent with the mobile but i don't see signs of it yet