1.    #1  
    Well, when I unboxed the thing, I looked a lilttle askance at the ringer and the wireless on/off switches in that they're fancy chrome and probably are just facades over the actual switch mechanisms underneath. sure 'nuff, my ringer switch failed this morning. I bet it's just that the facade switch is no longer properly mated to the actual switch mechanism underneath. so I'll getta report on handspring's return/exchange process. thank goodness I use backup buddy so setting up a new unit will be just a one-button gig (for software -- will have to call Sprint to reg the new ESN I 'spect). Too bad they went for aesthetics rather than retain the T300's rugged (in my experience) direct switch.

mobileuser
  2.    #2  
    ah ha, I need to deal with Sprint...

/esupport

...that page contains this text...

"Treo 600 & 300 on Sprint PCS: All repairs are handled by Sprint PCS. Please contact Sprint PCS directly."

And I already talked with Sprint cust svc, and was told to "take it to a Sprint store".

We'll see.

Hm. My experience with Palm in '98 & '99 was that I explained on the phone that the unit died, and then they mailed me a new unit, and I put the old one in the box and mailed it back to them. It was very smooth, and I didn't have to physically go somewhere out of my way. This already isn't as convenient.

more later.

mobileuser
  3.    #3  
    how odd, the paste of the url into this silly form didn't work right.

here's another try..

Handspring-branded Product Repair Sevice
    http://support.handspring.com/esupport/html/repairs.jsp

..ok, that's better.

mobileuser