1.    #1  
    I am trying to get my Word files from Outlook on to my Treo.

I have tried to email a Word document over from my PPC folder to my desktop, that doesn't work.

It seems like I should be able to just drag the file from one folder over to the other. That doesn't work either.

Could someone tell me how you were able to get your Documents over to the Treo. I was able to sync over my Contact, Addresses and Notes with Outlook but my documents did not move.

I do not want to invest in Docs to Go or anything expensive like that, it just seems that there should be a work-around.

P.S. Why is my PalmDesktop folder empty? I synced my files and none of them (even the above) are there. I'm concerned about this because I want to have a backup on my Desktop as well.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 11/07/2003 at 11:43 AM.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I think you need an email app on the T600 that supports attachemnts. The DOc to Go that comes w/ the T600 is view only, but should work, if you get the doc to the Treo. I am able to do this with the OWA with the exchange server at work. I just sent an 112k Word Doc to my PCS mail, let see if I get it.
    Yea, it worked. I sent a Word Doc from work, to my PCS mail, used a mail app that can get attachemnts (LIke snappermail) and opened it up w/ DOc to go. I have the full version, but the view only one, that comes w/ the T600, should work.

Hope this helps, matt
  4.    #4  
    Thanks Matt,

I will try it but when I tried to send it a few times before as an E-mail it did not go.

Edit: Actually it says WordPad document from my PPC file.

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    No prob!

Does the email app you use support atachments?
  6.    #6  
    I understand that Snapper has attachment capability but when I finally managed to send the doc as an e-mail, it showed up on my desktop email program but not on my phone.

Is there a setting to turn on attachments with Snapper, I could not find it? (I have the trial version).

Thanks again.

I use another email app then snappermail...sorry.
    You need to find a snappermail person.

Good luck...Matt
    If your not worried about format, paste the document from word to your email program, and send it.
    There's no need to email the file to yourself if you have a SD card & Docs To Go -- just put the Word doc on your SD card via the reader. Then you can open it.

You can sign up for the 30 day trial to see if you like the program. I've found it quite handy, but still deciding if I want to buy Quickoffice or Docs to Go.
  10.    #10  
    Was on the fence about a Card Reader, guess I will pick one up today.

Thanks guys!