1.    #1  
    It's been a while now since anyone has posted about this and I'm wondering if anyone has succeeded in getting the Sprint phone they bought from HS to work on Verizon? Seems the GSM version sold for Cingular will actually be unlocked, wouldn't it be great if those of us who bought the Sprint phones could jump ship to Verizon, if we felt the need?

Anyone who has had any success, let us know!
    Originally posted by joelbra
    It's been a while now since anyone has posted about this and I'm wondering if anyone has succeeded in getting the Sprint phone they bought from HS to work on Verizon? Seems the GSM version sold for Cingular will actually be unlocked, wouldn't it be great if those of us who bought the Sprint phones could jump ship to Verizon, if we felt the need?

Anyone who has had any success, let us know!
    Yes, you should be able to get the Sprint Treo activated on Verizon. The catch is that voice service should work fine, but data will almost certainly not work at all. The software on the Treo is for Sprint's Vision, not Verizon's Express Network. While it's all CDMA 1xRTT, due to software and configuration, it's highly unlikely you'd get any kind of data services including web browsing, e-mail, text messaging/SMS, anything other than voice working.
    I understand that Sprint uses a MobileIP setup and Verizon chose a standard IP configuration so Authentication between systems can't work. In other words, voice should work fine but unless Handspring comes up with a nifty software workaround there's no way that data can work.
    you might want to do a search..i believe someone on this forum confirmed that they got both the phone and the data to work on verizon's network..