1.    #1  
    Just got back from and extended business trip with the T600. Some impressions:

Pluses:

Good Battery life
    Solid and stable
    Excellent signal EVERYWHERE I went including some previous blackout zones (T300 prior experience)
    Excellent SPCS BC service - more reliable than my W2K machine at home running the server software
    Good web access to what I needed - I do miss DA, but maybe they will get this up in the near future.

Minuses:

Still having trouble with the center button on the nav pad - big fingers make this difficult
    Vibrate mode is ineffective - missed several calls
    Couldn't manage to D/L any file attachments - even simple "txt" files or "jpg" files from web pages. This may be a BC or Vision problem, but on several occasions, the phone told me that "jpg" files weren't a "supported" file type.

Form Factor:

Nice. A bit slippery, but the EGrips should help this IF they ever manage to ship them.

Overall, I'm a happy camper.

Bob Duckworth
    Thanks for the critique. I'm a more recent new Treo owner and still familiarizing myself with it and researching ways and programs to maximize its use to best meet my needs.

I just got my Belligio case yesterday and aside from the sleek Italian leather, it definately feels more secure. The Egrips should definately help you out there. Post your findings after you have had a chance to use your Egrips.

P.S. I also just got my screen protectors (from E-Bay) which are custom cut to fit the Treo and I really like them! Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=3730

-Cheers
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Just took the 600 on a Business Trip as well. Just to add to your list:

Minuses:

*MUST HAVE ABILITY TO OPEN ATTACHMENTS using BC!
    *I mistakenly misunderstood the ability to access any file on your desktop using BC - you can only email them, not open them!
    *Screen turns on by itself due to BC sync every 15 minutes - Battery drainer
    geekymom, could you post some pictures of your new case? bellagio website doesn't really show it off.
  5.    #5  
    "Screen turns on by itself due to BC sync every 15 minutes - Battery drainer"

I agree. I just set mine so that t doesn't go after email unless I trigger the download. I find it helps to pass time during boring meetings.

I too was a bit confused re: attachments in BC. I thought that we were now supposed to be able to D/L and open some of them on the T600 itself.

Do we have to buy the Doc's To Go package to open these files?

Thanks,

Bob Duckworth
    Originally posted by ido
    geekymom, could you post some pictures of your new case? bellagio website doesn't really show it off.
    ido,
    another user has posted pics and impressions of the bellagio case in the following thread...
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t40411/s.html
    Below are a couple of pics. I was too lazy to go and get the digital camera so I took the phone out of the case and used it.

I put a white piece of paper inside so that you could see the contrast.

TIP: I haven't seen this posted but one NICE unexpected feature is that the snap flap on this case keeps the SD card in place. Otherwise it kept popping up and even with the tape in the back trick, it would sound when you touched it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 11/07/2003 at 11:00 AM.

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Here is the back shot:
    Attached Images Attached Images

stephman, geekymom, thank you both for your input. I don't know why it was so easy to purchase an expensive phone/pda without blinking, but it's taking me weeks to settle on a $30-$40 case!!!!!!!
    LOL, maybe it was the sticker shock of the Treo.

You're right, some form of installation for this baby is needed. I chose my phone style because I didn't want to be bothered with taking it in and out of a case so easy access was just as important to me.

BTW, I got a removable clip that I will have to put in a safe place. Normally, I do not use clips because they tend to fall off. I have a phone Neck chain that I used on my Samsung 600. The treo is a little heavier so I will have to see how it feels.

I can download and view files with BC. You must download the attachment viewer when you upgrade your bc software. So there are 3 downloads
    BC for the PC
    BC for Palm and
    Attachment viewer
    doc files are easy and clear, excel files open as a doc file, so no formatting is kept.
    jjennings wrote:

*I mistakenly misunderstood the ability to access any file on your desktop using BC - you can only email them, not open them!
    No, you were right originally -- you *can* use BizConn to view desktop documents on your Treo (not just attach them to an email). To do this, select the file-folder icon that's at the top of your BizConn client on the Treo. As you navigate through your list of folders, you can open those docs and read them. Voila! (let me know if you were thinking of something else?!)

This is one of my favorite features of BizConn Personal Edition.