1.    #1  
    I've seen a little discussion on this subject - but all seems to be speculation. Can anyone say exactly how the "Cingular" (but unlocked) version currently for sale on Handspring is tweaked?

I am on T-Mobile and trying to decide whether to keep waiting.
    Enquiring minds want to know ...
    I just received a presumably "Cingularized" Treo 600 the day before yesterday through internal channels. Assuming the release version will be the same, so far I notice two pre-existing network connection options ("Cingular" and "Cingular Express", ISDN and GPRS respectively). I also notice that the "Web" application (formerly Blazer or "Cingular" on the 270) defaults to the my Cingular homepage (although it appears that the homepage can be changed via the preferences).

Take this with a grain of salt - this may not be the final Cingular version--or even one at all. Indeed, no Cingular materials were included in the box.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    tcc,

Any Cingular branding on the hardware itself? ie. screen printed logo on exterior of device. Minor point but just curious.

Were you able to try another carriers SIM chip in it? Do you have the ability to check that out..I think most want to know if the cingular GSM actually works with a Tmo SIM for example.
    No, there isn't any Cingular branding on it. Just the little Handspring logo on the upper left of the phone and the treo word above the pad.

I may try a t-mo card if I have a chance, and I'll let you guys know what happens (I almost tried it last night when I passed a t-mo shop, but I didn't have any time).
    If you are in the Bay Area you could test it with my sim. Let me know, I am interested in checking it out.
    there will be no "silkscreen" branding on the phone. the only way you can tell if it's a cingular phone is two ways: 1) when you start up (or have to reset) your phone, a cingular logo will pop up. 2) the my cingular webpage in blazer. Weeee.....Getting my Treo soon!

TheHandlessKing
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by tcc
    I just received a presumably "Cingularized" Treo 600 the day before yesterday through internal channels. Assuming the release version will be the same, so far I notice two pre-existing network connection options ("Cingular" and "Cingular Express", ISDN and GPRS respectively).
    I assume it doesn't look hard to add t-mobile as an option?
    Enquiring minds want to know ...
    Originally posted by TheHandlessKing
    there will be no "silkscreen" branding on the phone.
    TheHandlessKing
    Thank god! I hate when cell carriers put their logo's on these devices. Takes away from the beauty
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone