1.    #1  
    Anyone had a chance to use both? Win-Hand claims to have gobs of fancy compression technology so I was wondering which is/seems faster for doing the remote controling of the home pc via the T600??
    Originally posted by itlan
    Anyone had a chance to use both? Win-Hand claims to have gobs of fancy compression technology so I was wondering which is/seems faster for doing the remote controling of the home pc via the T600??
    If your home PC (or office server) supports Terminal Services (or RDP), i.e. is a Windows XP client or a 2000/2003 server, you'd want to use MobileTS because the RDP protocol that is used is very efficent for slow-speed links and has built-in security.

WinHand would be a choice to control PC's that don't natively support Terminal Services (it has to run as an application and I'm not sure it even locks the keyboard and screen on the target.
    Originally posted by itlan
    Have a link for them??

I tried palm vnc last night got disconnected constantly
    I haven't tried it yet, but the MobileTS link is

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...6&prodID=52506

Mike
    Originally posted by stuartr

If your home PC (or office server) supports Terminal Services (or RDP), i.e. is a Windows XP client or a 2000/2003 server, you'd want to use MobileTS because the RDP protocol that is used is very efficent for slow-speed links and has built-in security.

WinHand would be a choice to control PC's that don't natively support Terminal Services (it has to run as an application and I'm not sure it even locks the keyboard and screen on the target.
    Yes, but how many of you have Windows XP PROFESSIONAL on your home computer? Doesn't sound like it will be a compatable application for most of us.
    Originally posted by wcarlson40

Yes, but how many of you have Windows XP PROFESSIONAL on your home computer? Doesn't sound like it will be a compatable application for most of us.
    Statistically spearking, Windows XP is on millions of home PC's. I believe you can RDP into both flavors of XP, professional and home edittion.
    Originally posted by stuartr

Statistically spearking, Windows XP is on millions of home PC's. I believe you can RDP into both flavors of XP, professional and home edittion.
    No, you are wrong, the Home edition does not allow a server setup of RDP (only client)