Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    well mgauss, why don't u start a petition for that, I am sure a lot of people who had same thoughts would back it.
    I've used an XDA. Its a high quality, well made machine, but 3/4 PDA and only 1/4 phone which makes it less successful as a one device option. The Treo 600 (IMHO) gets the phone/PDA integration as right as its possible to get right and is a highly ergonomic, highly usable, wonderfully enjoyable, highly useful, ahead of its time (regardless of its financial success or that of Palm) piece of technology
    Originally posted by JonStern
    I've used an XDA. Its a high quality, well made machine, but 3/4 PDA and only 1/4 phone which makes it less successful as a one device option. The Treo 600 (IMHO) gets the phone/PDA integration as right as its possible to get right and is a highly ergonomic, highly usable, wonderfully enjoyable, highly useful, ahead of its time (regardless of its financial success or that of Palm) piece of technology
    Wow someone who has used an XDA and a 600 says that the 600 is a better, more highly integrated device. I am sure that certain people will still say this is invalid for this reason or that . I guess that someone who has never used neither, nor nothing even in the same market segment, knows more than someone who has used both right PurpleX.
  4. purpleA
    Originally posted by lnichols

Wow someone who has used an XDA and a 600 says that the 600 is a better, more highly integrated device. I am sure that certain people will still say this is invalid for this reason or that . I guess that someone who has never used neither, nor nothing even in the same market segment, knows more than someone who has used both right PurpleX.

Rather that taking the bait DAY AFTER DAY, why not simply ignore her troll posts? If no one replies, the troll leaves. As simple as that. When you get into these pointless arguments, it just wastes bandwidth and helps no one.

To put it in perspective:

1) This is a Treo site.
    2) The Treo 600 is an extremely well designed smartphone. Almost everyone (reviewers and consumers) most of us here are aware of that has used the Treo 600 is impressed with its overall design.
    3) The Treo 600 is - by definition - a compromise between phone and PDA. It can't have every conceivable feature given the current level of technology and still retain a reasonable size and price.
    4) Technology moves quickly. Smartphone will evolve and add features with each new generation of devices. (Just wait until videophones hit the market!)
    5) Trolls have a hidden agenda, whether it be the enjoyment of disrupting a community, provoking a reaction, wasting the time of others or spreading FUD about the subject of discussion.
    6) Trolling does not work if it is simply ignored.
    7) The individual you keep responding to has posted THOUSANDS (yes THOUSANDS) of messages to every major Palm site under a dozen or more names over the past two years alone. They have posted upwards of a couple dozen messages a day at times. Why do you think someone would be so persistent?

Don't be a sucker. When you see a troll post, have a laugh and move on.

Don't respond.
    more info. here:

http://www.apple.com/mpeg4/3gpp/

I found this after my failed search for why Treo 600 only plays .midi files as ringers. I came from a sanyo 8100 that had .qcp (qualcomm) ringtone files that you could make from .wav files. I noticed kyocera 7135? could play .mp3 as ringtones. Anyway, after finding out there's absolutely no way to play anything BUT .midi files as ringtones, I came across this link about 3gpp. It handles all types of audio/video files. It streams them as well.

Anyway, I thought this would be the best route to take a/v stuff on Treo because of its open standards. This would work for ringers as well.

just thought I'd add to the topic. If you think they should add this, please tell PalmOne at http://handspring.com/ and scroll to the bottom and click the "Feedback" link.
    the treo's going to get faster, with higher color depth, nicer resolution and higherquality speakers and camera strength.
    mobile web browsing is in its infancy. with microsoft bringing directx to their mobile browser's capabilities and other fxns, your going to see palmone expand on their own browsers' capabilities as well.
    I think the browsing technologies are where we will see the most dramatic advances!!!
    features like screen res and lcd color quality will be nice, but what will truly make the future treos powerful will be the strengths of their web browsing technology.
    Originally posted by JTREOB
    simplified and very stupid.
    on the contrary, that's the very point of the exercise.

all that's should be derived from the data you've been refrencing is that as palmone proceeds into the future phone /data devices are how they intend to grow their business. companies often use supporting sources that are compatiable with their intentions and help support their forecasts.. there is absolutely nothing wrong with this.
    showing intention is noble, but money is not being invested because somebody intents to grow. It is the magnitude of the projected growth which is at issue. It is the very attraction of said investment.

equity holdings: if returns are ones intentions, ones interest should be aimed a great deal more at a company like palmone who's incentitive to hit the mark is predicated on its survival. this of course is in contrast to the chronied up company of microsoft which has far less incentitive to create and to which continues to ignore their share holders best interest.
    Historical financial data has not been kind to them and their intention, which precisely the question of accurate modeling in their proposed revenue projection.
  8. purpleA
    Originally posted by Aransky

on the contrary, that's the very point of the exercise.

showing intention is noble, but money is not being invested because somebody intents to grow. It is the magnitude of the projected growth which is at issue. It is the very attraction of said investment.

Historical financial data has not been kind to them and their intention, which precisely the question of accurate modeling in their proposed revenue projection.

purpleX - ska - hoplites - hoxbox - phalanx - Seldomvisitor - Aransky -

Sybil and her many faces
    folks, the ad hominem has got to stop. Now.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234