Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Finally. this may be old, but new to me. Cases that actually work for the t600!

http://www.bellagiodesigns.com/showc...d_category3=28

I especially like the bottom one. It allows access to the buttons, headset, screen, and speaker. The only thing that looks like it may cover up is part of the camera lens.

Somebody else also posted a vertical brookstone case and a horizontal nokia case that works. Too bad the nokia one is velcro though but at least it allows room for headset access.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hmm. They look OK at first glance, but when you look at the zoomed in pictures, they don't appear to fit very well :-(
    It's not old at all...take a look in the accessories section...there's a big discussion about it right now with a bunch of picture posted by somene with both cases.
    After much searching amongst Bet Buy, Sprint Stores, and every wireless kiosk in the mall, I finally stumbled upon the secret for those who want a horizontal case like the Handspring one:

Cases for the Sidekick fit the 600!

The T-Mobile store had a nice case, magnetic closure, except for one thing - it was ugly. Black with two taupe stripes.

I went to CompUSA and grabbed a Body Glove black neoprene Sidekick case for $14.99. The Body Glove part number is 76059.
    The CompUSA SKU is 305901. Velcro closure.

- Joe
    I just went to Brookstone and found the case that had been previously recommended on this board to be far too tight. If I was trying to answer the phone, I'd be likely to send the thing flying trying to get it out.

Can people who have bought cases post pics (that's what the Treo 600 is for, right?) of their cases (I guess it will be without the Treo in it) and gives the pros/cons?
    I posted more pics of the Nokia case for those concerned with the tightness of the velcro. I'm about to take a picture with the headset view for your viewing as well...

Nokia Case thread
    Here are some more pics...
    This is the side view with the Headphone Adaptor that Handspring sells. It does push up against the leather a bit, not much, however. I may end up trimming it, though...
    Headphone Adaptor Side View...
    Side View with a headset...
    Side View of Antenna (at the top of the Treo 600).
    Remember, the phone can face with the screen inward or out, depending on which side you want the antenna to face.
    This is with the screen facing out.
    Back when I had Visorphone on a Platinum, there was a case company called Active Armour (sp?) and that case was soft, molded plastic with good bumbers on the 4 corners and a very solid HOLE for looping or clipping a leash. It also had a transluscent flip cover for the front. It had a cutaway area for the Visorphone or other modules to stick out. To sync, you could not use a cradle, the mobile connector worked through a hole and the battery change forced you to shuck the case but that was the only time you had to take it off.

At the time, it was the pefect thing for me. But in the end it was a HUGE UGLY thing and the repulsive-geek-look was a 13 on a scale of 10. I went to a Prism for the color screen and then found out the Active Armour would not work on the Prism. I never had as good impact protection (I was using the Visorphone up until the end of this last July! This will be my first Treo).

Does anyone see a way to carry the Treo 600 on a leash and cushion vibrations in a similar way with plastic? Can be 2 separate products.

I don't care for leather cases or purses!! Also, I don't wear belts and not all of my dresses have pockets. Any ideas?
  12.    #12  
    it looks like a nice fit rhong! is it pretty sticky each time you open the velcro? thats probably why the snaps or magnetic clips work better. i was wondering though like the standard slip case, do the buttons get pushed when you get incomming calls?
    I like the side loading cases, but I am leary of the type of belt clip that seems to be on teh majority of the cases I have seen. I currently use a plastic "holster" form my Treo 270 and have been very happy with it mostly because of the hard plastic, spring loaded, roatating belt clip that is on it. Has anyone seen a good case with this type of belt clip?
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    I prefer just a standard plastic swivel holster. Luckily, Seidio is planning a plastic holster similar to the ones used for various mobile phones and Blackberrys. The one they are working on actually holds the treo 600 with the screen facing inward for protection. Hopefully they'll release it soon. Here's an illustration at this link:

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...ode=SHLHSTR600
    Last edited by iJITSU; 11/10/2003 at 08:21 PM.
    Originally posted by inspecta gadget
    it looks like a nice fit rhong! is it pretty sticky each time you open the velcro? thats probably why the snaps or magnetic clips work better. i was wondering though like the standard slip case, do the buttons get pushed when you get incomming calls?
    It is quite sticky. I've demonstrated to others who were concerned about how well it held, and as I slowly released the velcro, you could hear how much of it really held it in.

The snap or magnetic clip ones would have been preferable to me, but the Treo didn't fit in them, the case was too small.

I haven't had any trouble with the center button getting pushed when I receive a call. I can push down on the top of the case to silent the ringer when I need to. I have to take the phone out in order to answer the call, which requires a click on the screen or a press of the middle nav button.

The application device buttons can be pressed accidentally while in the case, but that's likely to happen with any case, right? I dunno, maybe not. If you use keyguard, it's not that big of an issue. I don't use keyguard and I haven't found it to be a problem.

Anyone else out there go with this case?
    Originally posted by iJITSU
    I prefer just a standard plastic swivel holster. Luckily, Seidio is planning a plastic holster similar to the ones used for various mobile phones and Blackberrys. The one they are working on actually holds the treo 600 with the screen facing inward for protection. Hopefully they'll release it soon. Here's an illustration at this link:

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...ode=SHLHSTR600
    I am sold...I had no idea that there was one in the works. I prefer the holster style myself, and the "screen in" design is a definate plus for me too. Thanks for the Link iJITSU!
    the I-volution by Vaja looks like the case for me when it comes out. I suppose I should pick up a Treo first!
    I contacted Customer service at Siedio regarding the "Swivel Clip Holster for Treo 600" mentioned above. Someone from customer service got right back to me and told me that they should be available around 11/20...so with any luck I will be able to get one shortly after my Cingular GSM 600 arrives.
    EEEP.

No thanks, the Handspring holster having scratched the crap out of my 300, it's soft cases only for my 600. I'd be interested to know how gentle or rough it is on the 600 when you get it, though.
    Originally posted by JoeTampa
    EEEP.

No thanks, the Handspring holster having scratched the crap out of my 300, it's soft cases only for my 600. I'd be interested to know how gentle or rough it is on the 600 when you get it, though.
    I have had a few abraisions myself on my 270 but it has been the most useful "case" I have ever used.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast