Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Duh!! I didn't think to check the manual. Thanks.

BTW, I'm writing this reply while I'm stuck in traffic. How cool is that?!?
    Originally posted by Deacon
    Duh!! I didn't think to check the manual. Thanks.

BTW, I'm writing this reply while I'm stuck in traffic. How cool is that?!?
    Stay off the sidewalks!

L
    Lee Ladisky
    Originally posted by mblank
    LOL! The best laugh I've had today, even if it's an inside joke.

I've been working on Chatter for a year now, and it's been very difficult at times. Sandman was one line of code!

I'm glad you're enjoying it! (Take a look at Chatter too next week!)

Marc
    After looking at the website for the manual I had a good laugh. I noticed that the screenshot for Sandman was the wrong color --white. It should have been a black square.
    Adam West
  4.    #24  
    LOL! Consider it done!

Marc
    I'm really excited about the IMAP feature!

Jonathan
    Marc, your notes here are great and have answered ALL of my questions. I look forward to your program becoming available to play with.

Thanks! Ben

--===========

Yes, a popup that includes the full message (of whatever length) and the ability to respond in any length. It can be set to vibrate and/or ring, and the tone is customizable by contact. You can also determine how long the popup stays around before it closes itself.

If a popup "goes away" on its own (after timing out), the next time you turn on your screen, Chatter will tell you how many messages you missed.

Marc
    Marc, I totally sold.

And major kudos to you. This the only mail application for the Palm consumer that does TRUE push imap email. A major accomplishment for you that you should be extremely proud of.

One question, though. How about some support for downloading attachments on demand? I would certainly pay a premium for that feature, although with mail forwarding features I have an acceptable workaround.

Still, a more elegant integrated solution is certainly worth top dollar, in my opinion...
    Gosh, I forgot to ask another question. Marc, how does the program affect battery life? When Verichat is active, the battery goes rather quickly.

Thanks again.

Ben

---------------

Originally posted by bclinger
    Marc, your notes here are great and have answered ALL of my questions. I look forward to your program becoming available to play with.

Thanks! Ben

--===========

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I am beta testing Chatter right now and the battery life of the 600 holds up very well. I ususally plug in my Treo every night to recharge but I have NEVER had an issue with battery life and Chatter. The large battery on the 600 helps out with that and also since Chatter gets pushed almost all data and rarely contacts the server on it's own, it does not use as much battery as something that hits the server at regular intervals.

As I said before...Chatter is by far the most useful and the best application that I have installed on my Treo 600 and by 11/13 it might be your best application as well!

Keith
    Thank you, Keith. I like what I read and am anxious to look at it. Like you, I charge my battery every night regardless of its hunger condition. I also like the idea of support from an active person like Marc. Anxiously waiting, Ben.

Originally posted by peridoc
    I am beta testing Chatter right now and the battery life of the 600 holds up very well. I ususally plug in my Treo every night to recharge but I have NEVER had an issue with battery life and Chatter. The large battery on the 600 helps out with that and also since Chatter gets pushed almost all data and rarely contacts the server on it's own, it does not use as much battery as something that hits the server at regular intervals.

As I said before...Chatter is by far the most useful and the best application that I have installed on my Treo 600 and by 11/13 it might be your best application as well!

Keith
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    How much does leaving Chatter on all day affect battery life?
    minimally, I have not noticed any decline in battery life and I run it almost continuously
    Chatter is running on my phone 24/7 and I don't notice any affect on my battery.
    I did battery life tests with Chatter and Verichat... I found Chatter runs the battery down twice as fast as Verichat.
    Its always interesting on Twitter @joelb
    Originally posted by jojobah
    I did battery life tests with Chatter and Verichat... I found Chatter runs the battery down twice as fast as Verichat.
    Do you have Quiet (AIM) set?
    Are people aware that with Sprint, you'll get a voice mail notification only if the caller leaves a voicemail. If a voicemail was not left, you will not even get a record in the call log that a call came in that you just missed. That is very bad IMO.

snip

Having said that, you will - with ANY network application - take a risk of missing a phone call using Sprint's network. If you really, really can't afford to do that, you either 1) don't want to use Verichat or Chatter very much or 2) get a GSM/GPRS phone, where voice calls will "suspend" a data session.

Of course, if you miss a call, you'll get a Voice Mail notification virtually immediately, which helps somewhat...

snip

Marc
    It must not have been an important message. If they wanna talk, they can leave a message. Not a bad idea. Ben
    ------------------

Originally posted by newtreouser
    Are people aware that with Sprint, you'll get a voice mail notification only if the caller leaves a voicemail. If a voicemail was not left, you will not even get a record in the call log that a call came in that you just missed. That is very bad IMO.

Originally posted by newtreouser

Uhm not for me. I have a Sprint T600 and if I miss a call -as soon as I turn on my phone it says missed call and shows the number, etc. I even check my Call log and it also shows missed calls in detail.

I bought mine from Amazon.com in Dec.
    Software Rev: Treo600-1.0-SPR
    Hardware Rev: C
    Originally posted by morduin

Uhm not for me. I have a Sprint T600 and if I miss a call -as soon as I turn on my phone it says missed call and shows the number, etc. I even check my Call log and it also shows missed calls in detail.
    Same for me on my Sprint Treo 600.
    Why don't you test it yourself? While the data arrows are green, call your T600 from another phone. You should be sent to voicemail. Do not leave a message. Hang up. Now go to your call log and see if there is a record. Report your results. I'd be very surprised if you have a log of your call.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast