1.    #1  
    I use SpamNet (client side spam filter service) obviously they dont have a palm version, how are you guys dealing with spam? anyone have a server service for controling spam?? Our email service for our company is not in house, so installing on "our server" is out.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I have been using a new service called MessageFire (www.messagefire.com) - It costs $3.00 per month. I can honestly say that since I have been using this for the past 2 weeks I have virtually eliminated any spam that I used to get. It works great with the t600 and snapper mail
    I have been using Spamarrest for the past year. I could not live without it. I have not received one item of spam on my beloved Treo600.
    http://www.spamarrest.com
    Does anyone know of a simple email checker program, like eprompter or popeeper for Palm OS? I'd rather use one of those to check and delete spam off my server than a full fledged email client.
    I've utilized Mailblocks.com email service since it's "grand opening". Works perfect.

Downside is that it is IMAP only (no POP). Upside is that it's currently $9.95 for 3 years of 12MB service (current promotion)!

Here's the features page:
    http://about.mailblocks.com/features.html
    I use www.si20.com. It is free and works well. It works in two ways, one using spam assassin and also using sender authentication. If you decide to give it a try, I would suggest you turn off the sender authentication feature (easy to do on the website) which requires anyone not in your list who sends you an email to reply to a email sent by si20.
    I've been using prismemail since I got the unlimited data plan with T-Mo and SnapperMail. They even included directions on their FAQ as to how to use it with SnapperMail. Low annual fee - I'm very happy. Prismemail
    if you're a Yahoo! plus mail subscriber they have a pretty cool new feature that allows you to add "disposable" email addresses to your account (up to 500!!). that way when you go to like amazon and register you give them the address "mymail-amazon@yahoo.com" or something and it will be forwarded behind the scenes to your "real" yahoo address. but if you ever start getting spam at that address - you just cancel it. but you never have to worry about your "real" addressing being out there to anyone but your contacts.

pretty sweet i must admit.
    Originally posted by sprintster
    Does anyone know of a simple email checker program, like eprompter or popeeper for Palm OS? I'd rather use one of those to check and delete spam off my server than a full fledged email client.
    I've configured SnapperMail to download headers only. After a fetch I usually first junk all the spam, then tag the remaining messages with Fetch Entire Text, and then fetch again.

I admit it's only a workaround, but I'm not comfortable with the idea of a) giving some company access to my mail accounts, b) let some company store my corporate email on their server and c) having to think about how I'd keep that inbox in synch with my exchange inbox.
    I've tried Messagefire (www.messagefire.com) and it really works great.

A great plus is that you can get periodicly a list of all spam mail, so you can check if there isn't any "good" mail deleted (and if so, you can still retrieve it).

Great service!
    Earthlink mail offers "Spaminator" which works moderately well. That, plus intermittenlty previewing headers with SnapperMail, works well for me. I probably only waste 5 mins a day now, deleting spam.
    Any of you using si20.com having trouble this evening? Snapper isn't downloading from them all of a sudden.
    Quote Originally Posted by HumP
    I use SpamNet (client side spam filter service) obviously they dont have a palm version, how are you guys dealing with spam? anyone have a server service for controling spam?? Our email service for our company is not in house, so installing on "our server" is out.
    If you are looking for an antispam solution for your whole company, one possible solution is to go with a company like Singlefin: http://www.singlefin.net. Basically, you need to change your MX records in DNS to point to their servers so that your company email goes there first to get filtered for spam before it is forwarded on to your mail server. Whether or not you can do this will also depend on who owns your email domain and if your hosting company is willing to make a few configuration changes to handle this new email routing situation.

Note: I manage the email servers for my company in house and use a different antispam solution that is also in house. I have never used Singlefin's service and have only heard of it through a friend. The point of this post is to alert you to a type of service you may be able to use. I recommend researching other companies as well that may provide a similar service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mol
    I've configured SnapperMail to download headers only. After a fetch I usually first junk all the spam, then tag the remaining messages with Fetch Entire Text, and then fetch again.

I admit it's only a workaround, but I'm not comfortable with the idea of a) giving some company access to my mail accounts, b) let some company store my corporate email on their server and c) having to think about how I'd keep that inbox in synch with my exchange inbox.
    That's why I started using Spam killer from McAfee.
    If you, like I do, have a PC always connected to the Internet you can leave Spam killer working in the background: it removes from the server just the spam, checking the mail every minute or so (configurable).

When you'll next check your mail from the mobile you will find only legitimate messages.
    Ciao

Ettore