Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Could someone please post the latest AvantGo beta (5.2 build 83) PRCs in a .zip file? I would really like to use it on my T600 but I'm using OS X. Version 4 keeps crashing my new Treo. Very annoying!

Much thanks
  2.    #2  
    I'd be really grateful if any of you windows types would help me out.
    I'm using 5.3 build 66- I can put that together if you want.

Jonathan

or send you the link.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Originally posted by NicholasX
    I'd be really grateful if any of you windows types would help me out.
    PM me your email address and I'll email it to you.
    I'm using 5.3 build 66- I can put that together if you want.

Jonathan

or send you the link.
    Why don't you just go to AvantGo, login and download the zipped files yourself. I'lm using Mac OS X. That has nothing to do with it.
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by imageone
    Why don't you just go to AvantGo, login and download the zipped files yourself. I'lm using Mac OS X. That has nothing to do with it.
    Sure thing. Why don't you just point me in the direction of AvantGo link that has a zip file that contains the LATEST BETA and I'll be happy to do so. Oh wait, you can't provide me with that URL cuz it doesn't exist. Avantgo only provides an .exe installer. Silly you.

From
    http://www.avantgo.com/support/beta_news.html

"WINDOWS ONLY
    At this time our beta client software is Windows-only and will not install or run on MacOS. "

To everyone else, thanks for the help. Especially sbono13 who was kind enough to email me the files. It works great. Much, much better than before.

(And if imageone actually can provide me with an AvantGo url with the zip file of the latest beta I'll feel really silly for being so sarcastic.)
    (And if imageone actually can provide me with an AvantGo url with the zip file of the latest beta I'll feel really silly for being so sarcastic.)
    Hi Nicholas X, I don't know if its the beta version you were looking for or if the link even existed when you were last on Avantgo but I found the following:

Palm Executables (Wireless usage only)
    If you don't have a Windows desktop but would like to use AvantGo on your wireless-enabled Palm device, download software by using the links below. Make sure to download AvantGo version 5.2 if you are running a Palm OS 5 device, such as a Palm Tungsten T/C, Palm Zire 71 or Sony CLIÉ NX. Otherwise, download AvantGo version 4.2.
    For more info and installation instructions, click here.

AvantGo Palm OS 5 Client : zip file | gzip'd tar file | .sit file (for Mac users)
    version 5.2 build 83

AvantGo Palm OS 3.x - 4.x Client : zip file | gzip'd tar file | .sit file (for Mac users)
    version 4.2 build 1165

https://my.avantgo.com/account/downloads.html

The description mentions wireless usage with Palm OS5 device but does not list the Treo 600. I'm waiting for the GSM version of the Treo 600 so I can't verify that this version works correctly for the other Mac users that may have the same problem with a PC .exe file.
    No good deed goes unpunished
    Could someone please post the latest AvantGo beta (5.2 build 83) PRCs in a .zip file? I would really like to use it on my T600 but I'm using OS X. Version 4 keeps crashing my new Treo. Very annoying!

Much thanks
    Be very careful with AvantGo. We have determined that if you do a modem sync with AvantGo and then HotSync, the Mac will always think your device has been reset and over write your entire device. AvantGo has been notified of this, but has not responded.

See <http://www.markspace.com/support/ind...d=224&kbcat=10> for more information and for a patch.

https://my.avantgo.com/downloads/wireless_only5.2.zip

https://my.avantgo.com/downloads/52.sit.hqx

OK "cuz" I'm waiting for you to start feeling really silly.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    I am a bit confused. Why use Avantgo when you can surf the web directly? Is it simply for the formatting?
    dont think he needs to fell silly yet but i should or everyone who's posted a link should.

Unless i'm missing something (iif so apologies)

the avantgo site only links to mac software or the prc only for 6.2

the latest beta is 6.3.

Unlike 6.2 it works well with t600

It's only available as part of a windows .exe file

We can't open them on our macs
    Originally posted by johntravers
    dont think he needs to fell silly yet but i should or everyone who's posted a link should.

Unless i'm missing something (iif so apologies)

the avantgo site only links to mac software or the prc only for 6.2

the latest beta is 6.3.

Unlike 6.2 it works well with t600

It's only available as part of a windows .exe file

We can't open them on our macs
    Oh OK great!
    So where is the link to version 6.2, or even 6.3 ???????????
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    AVANTGO IS good for when you travel by plane and cannot go on the web, take care, jay

ps what is different in the beta build for avantago????
    take care jay
    sorry shouldnt post while hungover
    replace my 6s with 5s
    5.3 build 66 is latest beta while mac version is 5.2 build 83
    Another App with no 5 way NAV support and the fonts on many of the pages were so small I couldn't even see them. One example is the 555-1212 page.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    I get 5 way NAV support. which version are you using?

My problem is with reloading pages. After Avantgo connects to the server, and begins recieving data, it freezes. I just get a small blinking curser in the bottom left hand corner. I must then reset.

I can do a modem sync without a problem. It's just the reloading which does not work.

Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas?
    Originally posted by meir602
    I get 5 way NAV support. which version are you using?
    The build that imageone posted, ver 5.2 build 83.

Do you have problems with the fonts?
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    I am using the Beta build 66

When i first used it the fonts were too small to read but after a reset, it corrected itself.

True, some sights still test my vision but everything I use is readable.
    Hi there,

5.2 does not work well on the t600 due to the small fonts.

I have a mac and can't run the .exe file for the windows cersion. can someone pls post a link to the ver 5.3 prc file for avantgo pleae?

Or even better, could you just email me with it?

my addy : kteh@mailhost.net
    thank you

PS: on another note, do u guys know if the docs to go bundled with the windows version is a full version that allows viewing in native format? To the mac users out there, is the version bundled with the t600 any use to us?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast