Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I just got my Treo 600 this week and have been playing around with it...reading the boards, etc...

Everyone always mentions how Blazer does not allow proxies...but I can set it up on mine.

Blazer > Menu > Preferences > Advanced > Set Proxy

BTW, if that's the case, what proxies can I use???
    One type of proxy is a server that downsizes the pages before sending them to your Treo. This one is now gone for Blazer 3.0.

The other type is a gateway proxy address for intranet access. If you used dial up connections, you might need to use this proxy address to get thru your company firewall to browse an intranet.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Originally posted by mwomwom
    One type of proxy is a server that downsizes the pages before sending them to your Treo. This one is now gone for Blazer 3.0.

The other type is a gateway proxy address for intranet access. If you used dial up connections, you might need to use this proxy address to get thru your company firewall to browse an intranet.

Gotcha.
    You can actually run your own proxy like squid or the like. I'm currently playing with RabbIT proxy since it's allows downgrading of images, which makes them much smaller and thus easier to transfer. One person reported longer times to load while another reported it was MUCH faster. It also compresses the text portion via gzip and it seems that blazer can deal with that as well.

You run RabbIT on your own machine, preferably a Linux box it seems. Also, you need to install a decent JDK (IBM / Sun).

-Rob