1.    #1  
    Zlauncher (I've bought the most recent version 3.70) has a QuickLaunch feature that does pretty much the same thing as McPhling. Only problem is that I can use it from the ZLauncher screen but I can't get it to launch from a button. The documentation doesn't even mention the Quick Launch Anywhere. Has anybody been able to get it working?

I know McPhling has the additional feature that allows you to go back to the previous app but that's far less important to me, and if that is the only extra feature compared to ZLauncher it's not worth the extra cost for me (please spare me the "it's only $10" messages - by now I've bought additional software for around $100 and enough is enough)
  2.    #2  
    I emailed zztech and they sent me a build of version 3.70.1 that fixes it. I now have hard button 2 (the calendar button) assigned to Quick Launch and it works exactly like McPhling. I assume that they will post this new version on PalmGear soon.

I asked them to look into adding a Press & Hold option to launch the Quick Launch, as well as whether they could do a 'go back to previous app' function. I'll post any updates here.
    The features you mention are already available in HiLauncher.

I just received my T600 beta version with 5-way nav support and it is truely awesome.
    www.gsmworld.com
    I've sucessfully mapped the Zlauncher quicklaunch function to the 'Home' button with version v3.62B2, then added Zlauncher as the first item on the quicklaunch menu. Admittedly this does mean a couple of extra keypresses if I want to access Zlauncher itself, but most of the time now I just jump between the various apps.
    Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Treo 180g -> Treo 600 (UK GSMrevA)
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by nzmoko
    The features you mention are already available in HiLauncher.

I just received my T600 beta version with 5-way nav support and it is truely awesome.
    I bought a ZLauncher license so I'm going to stick with it for now. Just out of curiosity, are there any killing features in HiLauncher compared to ZLauncher?
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by Mol

I bought a ZLauncher license so I'm going to stick with it for now. Just out of curiosity, are there any killing features in HiLauncher compared to ZLauncher?
    To answer my own question: I don't think there are any killing features. HiLauncher is a direct competitor of McPhling, and from the description of HiLauncher it looks to me like McPhling is doing a better job at it.

ZLauncher does roughly the same as HiLauncher, plus a ton of other things. Zlauncher costs 12 dollars compared to 14.95 for HiLauncher, so IMHO it's an easy choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by tgabber
    I've sucessfully mapped the Zlauncher quicklaunch function to the 'Home' button with version v3.62B2, then added Zlauncher as the first item on the quicklaunch menu. Admittedly this does mean a couple of extra keypresses if I want to access Zlauncher itself, but most of the time now I just jump between the various apps.
    Okay, I have been able to get Quicklaunch to work when I map it to the home button. But it doesn't seem to work if I want to map it to any other button. (Preferably the Phone, Hard Button #1). Has anyone had any success mapping to any other button, or should I just leave it with the menu button and see how well I like it that way?

Thanks,

Louis
    I have zLauncher but still use McPhling as my task manager b/c neither QuickLaunch or HiLauncher allow you to assign other keyboard button as trigger. I don't want to use any of the hard button or the home, menu keys b/c I have other apps assigned to them. Thus I still use McPhling for this purpose....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    There's also QuickApp that's like McPhling, and it's FREE. The only difference is that you can only launch it from the command bar (which I use GA2 for). Wished it had a hard button launch. But since it's FREE, I guess it's fine.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk700
    Okay, I have been able to get Quicklaunch to work when I map it to the home button. But it doesn't seem to work if I want to map it to any other button. (Preferably the Phone, Hard Button #1). Has anyone had any success mapping to any other button, or should I just leave it with the menu button and see how well I like it that way?

Thanks,

Louis
    I have QuickLaunch Anywhere assigned to Hard Button #2. At the time that I set things up I left #1 for the Phone because it's essentially the only way to be able to navigate between the phone screens when you're on a call. Currently I have 2Phone assigned to button #1.

I'm using ZLauncher v4.10, but as far as I remember it was working fine already with the last v3.xx versions.

Here's how I've set it up:

* go to ZL Preferences in Menu/Options
    * go to the QuickLaunch tab
    * check "QuickLaunch Anywhere", then tap Setup
    * in Setup, only check Button and then select "Hard Key#2" for Apps
    * Tap OK
    * Tap OK again in the general QuickLaunch set up screen

My preferences in the general QuickLaunch screen are: 8 items in Favorites, 2 items in Common, 2 items in Recent, unchecked "Allow Repeat Items".
    I use Zlauncher 4.10 QuickLaunch Anywhere assign it to Sony:Jog Back

And in VolumeRocker I have configured that the Held Vol keys imitate Keys (one or the volume buttons assign like Clie Back)

In this form I have the funcionality of QuickLaunch without assing to a Hard Button.
    Mol, that's pretty much exactly what I did. I even tried Hard Button #2, and it didn't work. (Thinking back now, I have DateBk5 programmed into HB2, so maybe that's holding on and not letting go).

dragondefuego, I tried your idea, and it works very nicely!! Thanks! I had a problem with VolumeRocker before where it started moving up/down two pages per click instead of one, but I don't see it happening now. Maybe having the "press and hold mapped to a key" makes a difference some how. I'll keep an eye out to see if the problem starts again, I hope not.

Louis
    Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk700

dragondefuego, I tried your idea, and it works very nicely!! Thanks! I had a problem with VolumeRocker before where it started moving up/down two pages per click instead of one, but I don't see it happening now. Maybe having the "press and hold mapped to a key" makes a difference some how. I'll keep an eye out to see if the problem starts again, I hope not.

Louis
    I think that the problem with moving up/down two pages per click is about you have select the option Rockers post Tungsten T with the Vol does Scroll etc
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    There's also QuickApp that's like McPhling, and it's FREE. The only difference is that you can only launch it from the command bar (which I use GA2 for). Wished it had a hard button launch. But since it's FREE, I guess it's fine.
    I tried Quickapp but it just caused my Treo600 to reset? Have you tired it on your Treo cuz it doesn't seem compatible on mine...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    I tried Quickapp but it just caused my Treo600 to reset? Have you tired it on your Treo cuz it doesn't seem compatible on mine...
    I've been using QuickApp every day since it first came out and never encountered a reset. When exactly does it reset for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    I've been using QuickApp every day since it first came out and never encountered a reset. When exactly does it reset for you?
    It resets immediately when I try to launch it... Anyway if it works for others, then there must be some other software conflict occurring here. However, I have soo many utilities like Treoselecttext, Treoguard etc etc that I don't I wanna figure it out!