Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am going crazy trying to find a new starbucks locator that doesn't require you to go to a full-fledged website. I used to use the Starbucks PQA on the T300 but now that PQAs don't work on the T600 I am lost. There are other PQAs that were nice to have but I have found websites for most of those. This Starbucks thing is really getting me ticked off though.

Someone please help. I think the best scenario would be for someone to hack the Web Clipping app so it will work for the 600. Is anyone working on this already?
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Originally posted by BigTreo
    I am going crazy trying to find a new starbucks locator that doesn't require you to go to a full-fledged website. I used to use the Starbucks PQA on the T300 but now that PQAs don't work on the T600 I am lost. There are other PQAs that were nice to have but I have found websites for most of those. This Starbucks thing is really getting me ticked off though.

Someone please help. I think the best scenario would be for someone to hack the Web Clipping app so it will work for the 600. Is anyone working on this already?
    You need help finding one? Where I live they are about every 50 feet. There are some blocks where there are two Starbucks.

I'd like to find a map of Starbucks free areas!
  3.    #3  
    I like to take road trips. This past weekend I drove from So. Cal to No. Cal. A couple of weekend before that from So. Cal to Central Cal. A couple of weeks before that I was in Arkansas visiting family. I have another trip to No. Cal and one to Vegas coming up soon. I love to drink Starbucks when I am driving long distances. Actually, when I am at home I don't drink it that often. It's when I am out of town that I have a problem. Starbucks hasn't figured out the value of billboards on the freeway yet.
    Originally posted by chestnut919
    Try this site in Blazer:

http://www.chuma.org/newton/pqa/starbucks.html
    Muchos gracias amigo.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    That is AWESOME! Now can someone please direct me to a similar "locator" for Hooters? Much abliged.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Thanks for the tip. I just bookmarked the site.

I'd love to find more useful sites like that. Quick loading, low overhead, no nonsense.
  8.    #8  
    Your my boy Blue!!!

No really. That site is exactly what I needed. Now I won't have to return my T600.

Thanks!
  9.    #9  
    I just did my first search and I realized you can actually select a phone number and call it. This is much better than the original PQA.

Now I just hope this site sticks around.

Thanks again!
    I don't drink coffee, so I have never been to a starbucks and there is ot one in this end of my county, (I live in a rural area, in spite of the fact that I am less than 45 miles from M. Mouse here in central fla, we have laskes, streams, 300 year old oak trees and no starbucks.

What is so exciting $3.50 cup of coffee of free wifi?
    Last edited by ilovedessert; 11/06/2003 at 10:48 PM.
    I was excited about the site posted until I checked the data behind the scenes. It's from 2002. Hard to tell when it was last updated but check the zip 63304 on both the the chuma.org site and the starbucks site. Two differing sets of data.
    MRL-MO
  12.    #12  
    Don't be so quick to discredit the glorious work of Chestnut. I am sure that this PQA is not drawing data that is over 1 years old. I searched my home city of Long Beach, CA and I get almost identical results. The first 10-15 are in almost the exact same order and out of those 2 have been built and opened within the last year.

If this site is using the same data that the PQA was using it will prove to be very useful. I have been in the middle of nowhere plenty of times and have managed to find Starbucks using the PQA.

I also noticed that it managed to find Starbucks that are within 10 miles of your zip code. When you are driving through an unknown state 10 miles is close. Especially when you can get the address and go straight there. Hey when your from So. Cal you have to drive 10 miles to go almost anywhere. I'll take it.

By the way, you seem pretty savvy. Why don't you take on the task of putting this on a site and updating it every so often.

Anyway, I have emailed Starbucks with the suggestion that they create a handheld friendly site. Maybe if more email they might do it.
    Try Vindigo. Its $29 /year but you get starbucks locations and a whole lot more
    ...but it looks like the mobile site data is at least a little bit out of date. Last month a Starbucks opened near my place in Campbell, CA and it is listed via Starbucks' web site locator, but not the mobile site. So it ain't perfect. However, given how many times I have found myself on the road and in dire need of a fix if it is even half accurate it is a great tool!

~O
    Glad you like the site Unfortunately, I cannot take credit for putting it out there. Just found it via Google.

It looks like the webmaster used LinPQA to convert the PQA to html.
    LinPQA link (runs on Linux): http://www.linuxlabs.com/software/linpqa.html
    Last edited by chestnut919; 11/07/2003 at 07:51 AM.
    -Treo 600 on Sprint
    Go with Vindigo, man! You might stand a chance of finding something way cooler than Starbucks in your area. movies...restaurants...cafes that add some character to your neighborhood...cafes that don't strong-arm destitute coffee growers...cafes that don't exercise predatory tactics and put higher-quality shops out of business...cafes that offer classy local music venues, cafes that support local artists...cafes that do for the classic american neighborhood something more than a Walmart for coffee. Starbucks sucks, man. Put a stake in the ground and look for better establishments!

It has an awesome mapping capability too (Vindigo, that is)...
    jello
    Whaa...

So your a Starbuck's fan?
    MRL-MO
  19.    #19  
    Thanks for the tips on Vindigo. I will check it out. I remember trying it back when I had a M105 but I didn't use it much then and the sync time was really long. The T600 syncs alot faster so that probably won't be an issue now.
  20. msb
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Originally posted by jellolee
    ...cafes that offer classy local music venues, cafes that support local artists...cafes that do for the classic american neighborhood something more than a Walmart for coffee. Starbucks sucks, man
    A lot of local artists also suck too... man. But Starbucks coffee is always good!

If the "local" cafes were really better, then they wouldn't go under. Starbucks certainly isn't undercutting them on prices!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast