Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok, a couple of you good folks have helped me get half way working with incoming e-mail, but I still am unable to Send outgoing emails.

So could someone out there with Comcast Highspeed that have successfully configured their Server on their email program and are sending and receiving your messages, PLEASE POST YOUR SETTINGS OR PM ME.

I am using the HS E-mail program, but I don't think it matters which program it is. There seems to be some sort of glitch with the Comcast programming.

Thanks.

Almost there......
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    You can't send outgoing email via Comcast unless you're on their network. However, you can receive incoming e-mail via mail.comcast.net.
    Comcast supposedly allows you to both send and receive email from outside their network if you enable secure authentication. I'm not sure if your email client supports that, however.

You can also get web-based access to your Comcast email from www.comcast.net (probably not what you're looking for, though).
  4.    #4  
    Thanks Rhpt,

A friend just sent me a Comcast thread. I did not find this post when I did a search. Anyway, here it is:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t40444/s.html

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    So anyone know an e-mail client for the Treo, besides SnapperMail, that allows SMTP authentication?
    Comcast has blocked IP addresses coming from Sprint PCS (Vision).
    It does not seem to matter if your connection has SSL or not.

The work around is to use Sprint PCS for your outgoing.
    Your user name can be found by logging in to www.sprintpcs.com.
    If you forgot your username then just call Sprint.

As for the Password--I had to call tech support at Sprint PCS and they set me up with a password.

Now I am receiving my email from Comcast and sending via SprintPCS with a reply address from Comcast.net.
    Problem resolved!

Hope this helps
    I'm not talking about SSL. The e-mail client i'm currently using does not allow me to specify a username/password for SMTP, only the incoming mail. I want to know if there are other e-mail clients that allow this feature besides SnapperMail.

Originally posted by thegimp
    Comcast has blocked IP addresses coming from Sprint PCS (Vision).
    It does not seem to matter if your connection has SSL or not.

As for the Password--I had to call tech support at Sprint PCS and they set me up with a password.

Now I am receiving my email from Comcast and sending via SprintPCS with a reply address from Comcast.net.
    Problem resolved!

Hope this helps
    Gotcha.

Sorry I could not help.
    use sprints servers for outgoing mail if you're with Comcast. its smtp.sprintpcs.com, and use your sprint pcs password. works for me; I use Snappermail
    That's just it. I am not using Snappermail so I can't provide the SMTP server with a username/password. I wan to know if there are other e-mail clients that will allow me to do this.

Originally posted by Movemint
    use sprints servers for outgoing mail if you're with Comcast. its smtp.sprintpcs.com, and use your sprint pcs password. works for me; I use Snappermail
  11.    #11  
    I did the above and got:

"Authorizing SMTP Invalid authorization. Check username and password. Failed to authorize to SMTP server on account Comcast Server replied 535 5.7 Bad username or password (Authorization failed)"

What gives?

See my above post:

That should do it.
  13.    #13  
    Thanks Gimp, I know my Sprint username and pass word and I am putting it in and it's still not working with outgoing email for some reason.

I try to follow directions, but sometimes things just don't work, which doesn't make sense since it seems to have worked for you.

So I'm still at square 2.

The problem is that Sprint asks for too many passwords.

You need a password to logon to www.sprintpcs.com
    You need a password for Vision
    You need a password for PictureMail
    You need a password for PCS Mail

To use the smtp server, you need the PCS mail password. Logon to www.sprintpcs.com, and go to "My Profie", under "My Planner", click on "New Message" under "Web Mail", click on "Settings & Preferences", then the "Setup" tab. You should then be able to create/change your mail password, which you use to send mail via the Sprint SMTP server. *phew*

15.    #15  
    Ok, I broke down and called Tech Support and got to the Level 2 to get my problem solved. So for those wishing to use Comcast Cable E-mail and could not send messages:

EDIT: I just rewrote the instructions this time using Snapper since most folks at least try this program first and the settings are similar for other email programs. Besides, I needed to reload Snapper to test it again.

Email for Snapper using Comcast

THE SETUP:

Identity:
    Your Name: Jame Doe
    Email Address: Jdoe@comcast.net

Server:
    Incoming Mail:
    Pop3 Server: mail.comcast.net
    Username: JDoe (minus Comcast suffix)
    Password: Enter your comcast password
    Outgoing Mail:
    SMTP: smtp.sprintpcs.com
    Username: Enter your SPRINT user name
    Password: Enter your SPRINT password
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 01/02/2004 at 05:24 PM.

Hi, I have a few questions with eudora and comcast on t600 and sprint:

1. Does eudora set off an audio alarm when using it with comcast, each time email comes in? (if so does it tell you each time email arrives, or only when the email box is empty, (in other words, if you have email and get more doe sit set off an alarm or only when your email in box was already empty))?

2. Can eudora be set to keep checking your email bos automaticly or do you have to check manually?

3. Can you send off group email with eudora on comcast with sprint?

thanks a million and thnak you for the copmcast settings.

I am still not sure if I shoould use eudora since you did get it working with comcast on sprint or to buy snappermail. Take care, Jay
  17.    #17  
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by ilovedessert
    [B]Hi, I have a few questions with eudora and comcast on t600 and sprint:

1. Does eudora set off an audio alarm when using it with comcast, each time email comes in? (if so does it tell you each time email arrives, or only when the email box is empty, (in other words, if you have email and get more doe sit set off an alarm or only when your email in box was already empty))?

< <No, it is pretty utillitarian.

2. Can eudora be set to keep checking your email bos automaticly or do you have to check manually?

< <No, you have to check it manually.

3. Can you send off group email with eudora on comcast with
    sprint?

< < Not from what I can see. For what you want Snapper may be
    better, since I just got this program to work, I will try and
    see if I can get Snapper to work, because those E-mail alerts
    are really helpful.

thanks a million and thnak you for the copmcast settings.

I am still not sure if I shoould use eudora since you did get it working with comcast on sprint or to buy snappermail. Take care, Jay

thanks and take care, jay
    Thanks! I can finally send with my Comcast POP acct on Snappermail.
    Hello Everyone! I'm a first timer, so please be gentle.

I'm still having trouble sending. I also use Comcast and I receive just fine. I'm having trouble authenticating via Sprint. I followed the directions as prescribed earlier, but I still get an error message when I try to send. The message is as follows:
    "Log in to outgoing mail server, smtp. sprintpcs.com, failed:5.7.8 Bad username or password (authentication failed)". I've checked my settings numerous times, but I must be missing something. Help!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast