Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Originally posted by wayne_b
    Hello Everyone! I'm a first timer, so please be gentle.

I'm still having trouble sending. I also use Comcast and I receive just fine. I'm having trouble authenticating via Sprint. I followed the directions as prescribed earlier, but I still get an error message when I try to send. The message is as follows:
    "Log in to outgoing mail server, smtp. sprintpcs.com, failed:5.7.8 Bad username or password (authentication failed)". I've checked my settings numerous times, but I must be missing something. Help!
    What E-mail program are you using? I was able to set up Eudora and Snapper, but still have not had luck with sending on HS.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I'm using Eudora Mail. One thing I noticed on your instructions was the last line which stated "Put your Password in the Security Section. That was the missing link." There isn't a place on the security tab put the password. I add my sprint username and password during the send process. Am I doing that incorrectly?
  3.    #23  
    I'm no expert and I honestly have to remember the steps now that it's been a couple of days. But when I checked my settings I noticed under Authentication: "Best Available", there is also a section "Password Saved". I think this is where I put my password in.

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  4.    #24  
    Originally posted by wayne_b
    Hello Everyone! I'm a first timer, so please be gentle.

I'm still having trouble sending. I also use Comcast and I receive just fine. I'm having trouble authenticating via Sprint. I followed the directions as prescribed earlier, but I still get an error message when I try to send. The message is as follows:
    "Log in to outgoing mail server, smtp. sprintpcs.com, failed:5.7.8 Bad username or password (authentication failed)". I've checked my settings numerous times, but I must be missing something. Help!
    Wayne, did you get it to work? Today me and another TreoCentral Pal walked through it because she needed to get set up too. When you click "Password" nothing will happen. Go and click Done. When you try and send a message Sprint will ask you to put your password in, there is where you enter your password.

Hit me back if you need anything else. I hope this works.

I don't know why, but it started working today. I didn't change anything, but it works! Thank you for your instructions and thank you for following up.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12