1.    #1  
    So I've been trying to make the transition from the 270 to the GSM 600 as smooth as possible. I wanted to see whether I could transfer the old 270 call history (PhoneCallDB.PDB) and SMS (SMS_Messages.PDB I think) into the 600. So I copied both files directly into the 600 using Pilot Install, overwriting the equivalent files on the 600.

The call history "import" worked perfectly! The SMS import was interesting - as soon as I opened the SMS app from within the 600, the SMS app showed an "importing messages" progress bar, and eventually, all the old 270 SMS messages appeared within the Treo 600, organanized into threads! I was pretty impressed. I don't think this is a documented feature. A few threads however, were mis-dated - SMS "conversations" that were weeks or months old were dated the same day as the import. A bug I guess.

Just an FYI...

UPDATE: It looks like ALL threads are mis-dated to the same day as the import. Only single messages are correctly dates....hmm.
    Last edited by tcc; 11/06/2003 at 01:03 PM.
    Thanks for that post. Could you also try BlazerBookmark.pdb? If this worked it would save a lot of time.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by elysian9
    Thanks for that post. Could you also try BlazerBookmark.pdb? If this worked it would save a lot of time.
    I don't think that will work - there's no "BlazerBookmark.pdb" on the Treo 600 that could be replaced. Instead, the 600 has the following files:

Web_Find_Autofill.PDB
    Web_URL_Autofill.PDB
    Web_UserData.PDB

Short of simply renaming BlazerBookmark.pdb to one of the above filenames (which seems a bit scary), I don't know an easy way of bringing over the info...
    Originally posted by tcc

I don't think that will work - there's no "BlazerBookmark.pdb" on the Treo 600 that could be replaced. Instead, the 600 has the following files:

Web_Find_Autofill.PDB
    Web_URL_Autofill.PDB
    Web_UserData.PDB

Short of simply renaming BlazerBookmark.pdb to one of the above filenames (which seems a bit scary), I don't know an easy way of bringing over the info...
    Try re-naming blazerbookmark.pdb to bookmark.pdb before transfer. Worked for me.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by newtreouser

Try re-naming blazerbookmark.pdb to bookmark.pdb before transfer. Worked for me.
    Good call newtreouser. I missed the "Bookmarks.PDB" in the Treo 600's backup folder!

newtreouser, did you try importing the SMS and call history database as well? This quirk I experienced in the SMS import is disconcerting.
    Originally posted by newtreouser

OK. Did you happen to notice before you did that, if creating bookmarks in B3 then created that file, or was Web_UserData.PDB the file that included Bookmarks?

I guess if it worked, it worked, and who cares.

Nevermind, I see tcc's post.