1.    #1  
    http://reviews.cnet.com/Handspring_T...tml?tag=subnav

Have you guys read the cnet review on the t600? Here are some things that I don't remember even reading about on these boards:

Simply put, the Treo 600 is an e-mail machine. The Mail program handles up to five POP3 accounts; you can even add new POP3 e-mail accounts directly to the device and start using them instantly. You can also download and install new applications (PRC files) or MIDI polyphonic ring tones--a huge plus over older models. SMS lets you send text messages up to 160 characters in length and includes a nice, new chat feature that basically mimics instant messaging.

I haven't been able to successfully access my pop3 email account yet using BC. Only thru the BC connect if my desktop is left ON.

Since the phone is MMS ready, you can use the integrated VGA camera to send pictures (with sounds or notes) via POP3 e-mail or to attach images to contacts in your phone book for photo caller ID.

Say what? With sounds you say? How?
    You forget it's from CNET/ZDNET who are in bed with certain companies such as Sony, Intel, etc.
    Looks like they may have reviewed the GSM version of the phone. The non-Sprint versions of the phone come with an e-mail client that allows you to do everything they say. I have installed this client on my Sprint phone and I know that can now send pictures and ringtones right off of the phone without having to go through Sprint's crappy picture service. Since HS wrote the SW it is ver integrated to the device. I think that Sprint had this app stripped from the phone to force people to use BC, and their picture services. After using this client and hearing about the BC software, I think we should all tell Sprint that they provide this application to it's Treo users. I am sure you can find someone willing to send you this app or a link to it if you wanted to try it out.
    In the C|Net review, it is a GSM model that was tested, not the Sprint PCS CDMA version. So MO-SMS, MMS, and Handspring's Mail client were used.

In the Sprint version that you have, MO-SMS is there, but not active at this time--it will go live around the 17th of the month, and you'll get a text message telling you so. Until then you can use either ShortMail (which is done thru the PCS Vision home page), or grab PDAApps' treo600sms which will enable MO-SMS thru a proxy server.

The picturemail app should let you send a picture with a voice tag from the phone to another SPCS phone, and/or Email address. I believe sprint will also be making this application MMS compatable on their end soon as well. Then you'll be able to send pics to other carriers handsets as well. It would be easy since this IS a Palm PDA, to develop a true standalone MMS app that can be installed on the Sprint PCS treo 600, simalar to what the GSM versions have (are you seeing this PDAApps? )

As far as email is done, I use SnapperMail. I had it on my Treo300, and when I got the latest version, it added treo 600 5 way d-pad support. I swear by it. It only does POP3 accounts now, but I have no need for IMAP as I only use it to check my email off my personal Linux mail server at home. It collects all my emails from various addresses (IMAP and POP) and I can check it via POP, WebMail, and SMS. But I am a big ol' nerd. If you wanna just do multiple POP3 accounts and have a email client that checks the POP server every 10 mins or more, then see www.snappermail.com for info.
    ...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!
    Oops! Two other people posted the same thing I said while I was writing my post. Nevermind.
    Originally posted by starrwulfe
    In the C|Net review, it is a GSM model that was tested, not the Sprint PCS CDMA version. So MO-SMS, MMS, and Handspring's Mail client were used.

In the Sprint version that you have, MO-SMS is there, but not active at this time--it will go live around the 17th of the month, and you'll get a text message telling you so. Until then you can use either ShortMail (which is done thru the PCS Vision home page), or grab PDAApps' treo600sms which will enable MO-SMS thru a proxy server.

The picturemail app should let you send a picture with a voice tag from the phone to another SPCS phone, and/or Email address. I believe sprint will also be making this application MMS compatable on their end soon as well. Then you'll be able to send pics to other carriers handsets as well. It would be easy since this IS a Palm PDA, to develop a true standalone MMS app that can be installed on the Sprint PCS treo 600, simalar to what the GSM versions have (are you seeing this PDAApps? )

As far as email is done, I use SnapperMail. I had it on my Treo300, and when I got the latest version, it added treo 600 5 way d-pad support. I swear by it. It only does POP3 accounts now, but I have no need for IMAP as I only use it to check my email off my personal Linux mail server at home. It collects all my emails from various addresses (IMAP and POP) and I can check it via POP, WebMail, and SMS. But I am a big ol' nerd. If you wanna just do multiple POP3 accounts and have a email client that checks the POP server every 10 mins or more, then see www.snappermail.com for info.
    It's way past 11/17. Did real live 2 way SMS (with intercarrier support) go live?
    I read in another thread that it was delayed until January 2004.
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G