1.    #1  
    Wasn't sure if people realized that this was now out for the 600!

http://www.notifymail.com/palm/#treotoolsfortreo600
    TreoHelper does this for free.
    Originally posted by skfny
    TreoHelper does this for free.
    On my 270, TreoHelper did not work if the turn-on-radio time conflicted with an appointment alarm, etc. Once the alarm was cleared, the radio would then turn on. TreoTools will turn on the radio regardless of alarm conflicts.

Thanks for the update, ksmith80209.
    RadioControl (developed by a TreoŚCentral member) also does this for free...

BTW, your 600 will turn on Wireless mode automatically after a soft reset (if it was previously on) so I find it strange that the author of TreoTools should be advertising this 'feature'. (there is an option in RadioControl to do this also).
    www.gsmworld.com
    When did they start charging for TreoTools? In this thread the author of TreoTools says that anything more than free is too much to pay for this type of tool.
    Is anyone using Radio Control or TreoTools on their 600?
    Any problems?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    Any problems?

I have been using Radio Control for a couple days now and it works absolutely perfect.
    Thanks
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Any problems?
    On my 270 it would not turn the radio on if a prior alarm window was up first. So I deleted it. Haven't tried that on my 600. Treo Tools ignores all alarms on the 600 and will turn on the radio regardless of what else is happening.
    Thanks
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Any problems?
    I thought Radio Control was working fine too, but last night there was a SMS alert screen on my phone so the phone did not shut off at my schedule time. Back to TreoTools!
    I think I'll stick with TreoTools, it was very solid on my 270 and since I used it every single day for a year 1/2, it's worth another $10 bucks.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Originally posted by SoCalVisor
    When did they start charging for TreoTools? In this thread the author of TreoTools says that anything more than free is too much to pay for this type of tool.
    That was a year and a half ago when all TreoTools did was turn on the radio after a reset. TreoTools now turns on the radio after a reset and allows you to schedule as many on and off times for the radio. In addition, when TreoTools started, it just supported the Treo 180, then came the 270, 300, and 600. Devices and service aren't cheap and I have to pay for them somehow.

If you think it is too much to pay, by all means use the free alternatives. TreoTools is simple, clean and works well. While TreoHelper might do more, it is not the easiest program to use due to all of its options.