1.    #1  
    In deleting applications from my Treo 600, I find that there are a large number of items I do not recognize.

For example there are three apps all begining with HS (hssysresources, hstracedatabase, hstracedatabasehead), multiple items beginning with S01_m (i.e. SO2_m etc.), something called S7BGLog1, SS_P2P, WP_P2P and so on.

Can anyone explain what these all are? They are using a fair amount of memory and while I don't want to kill my OS, I do wonder if they are necessary. Perhaps someone can create a list of the "system apps" that should not be deleted.
    If you've deleted the SplashSuite software that came with your Treo, you can delete SS_P2P and WP_P2P.

Originally posted by thr61
    In deleting applications from my Treo 600, I find that there are a large number of items I do not recognize.

For example there are three apps all begining with HS (hssysresources, hstracedatabase, hstracedatabasehead), multiple items beginning with S01_m (i.e. SO2_m etc.), something called S7BGLog1, SS_P2P, WP_P2P and so on.

Can anyone explain what these all are? They are using a fair amount of memory and while I don't want to kill my OS, I do wonder if they are necessary. Perhaps someone can create a list of the "system apps" that should not be deleted.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I am actually going to try the splashsite apps and see how they work. Knowing not to delete those files should certainly help in that process!

On to the other files....
    SS_P2P and WP_P2P are part of Documents to Go, not part of the Splash suite products.
    Oops. My bad.

Originally posted by bcombee
    SS_P2P and WP_P2P are part of Documents to Go, not part of the Splash suite products.