1.    #1  

Ok, here's my "drop-dead" question the answer to which will determine if I leave PocketPC forever and go with this elegant Treo 600:

Can the treo 600 run the Citrix ICA Java Client?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Dont know about Citirix, but from here (http://java.sun.com/products/midp4palm/download.html) you can download the Sun Microsystems Java MIDP version 1.0 virtual machine for palm.
    "Yay though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil... cause I have a big stick! And I am the meanest mutherf***er in the valley!" -Deep Blue Sea
    This is the 599 dollar question for me too. I am not very computer savvy, but I need to run the Citrix ICA Client on Treo to access my flight scheduling system at work. Talked to a friend in systems department at work and he indicated that others have gotten it to work, but he wasn't clear on how they did it or whether it was on Palm or Microsoft device.
    A few months ago, I recieved an invitation to go to a Citrix demo where they were going to show off their new client that they partnered with Sprint to make. I didn't attend because I talked to some reps at the time and they all send the client would run on Pocket PC and they had no plans to make one for Palm OS.
    But things change, and I'm hoping they will fill the growing need.
  5.    #5  
    Ok. Chaser provided a link for the Java. Now anybody got a treo (or any late model Palm) and willing to download the Java VM for Palm and the Citrix client for Java and find out if it works?

Hey - this will be a BIG DEAL if it works.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    The link that I posted is for the sun microsystems java machine. I tried it this morning and it doesnt work properley. It resets the Treo everytime you launch a midlet. Has anyone actually managed to get java working on the Treo yet?
    "Yay though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil... cause I have a big stick! And I am the meanest mutherf***er in the valley!" -Deep Blue Sea
    As I posted in a couple of threads recently, the Palm app DOES NOT work on the T6. More accurately, it does not work with the Java Demo app provided. I purchased it ($5.99) because someone posted on a thread that it does work. Don't be misled.