1.    #1  
    What's the best to use? The Blazer browser, or is there something better? I haven't tried much yet, but I've already gotten "page too large" error messages. What does everyone here prefer? Thanks,
    --Kyle
  2. purpleZ
    Originally posted by kyley
    What's the best to use? The Blazer browser, or is there something better? I haven't tried much yet, but I've already gotten "page too large" error messages. What does everyone here prefer? Thanks,
    --Kyle

Other browser options: WebPro3, NetFront3. WebPro3 may eventually be available for purchase from Palm. It has been pirated by software thieves. Netfront3 has also been pirated. So your only good option right now (if you're not a thief) is Blazer.

Xiino isn't yet available for PalmOS 5.
    Actually you can buy Web Pro from Palm right now. But in order for it to be used, it will have to be modified in the same way that people did to use it illegally on the Treo 600. But the point is, if you want it you can buy it. You just can't buy it and use it as it. My other point is that people can be using it legally.

Speed
    Originally posted by purpleZ

Other browser options: WebPro3, NetFront3. WebPro3 may eventually be available for purchase from Palm. It has been pirated by software thieves. Netfront3 has also been pirated. So your only good option right now (if you're not a thief) is Blazer.

Xiino isn't yet available for PalmOS 5.
    i smell another thread-jack.
    My opnion and this is only my opinion: Web Pro 3 is much better than Blazer. Then again I am running with the proxy for my testing purposes. Granted, it has been modified in order to work as I have said before. After my 30 days is up with the Treo and I decide to keep it (which I am 85% there), I will purchase it from Palm.

One thing I do want to check is the Eula for Web Pro 3 though. Because I own a T3, can I choose not to use Wbe Pro 3 on my T3 and instead use it on my Treo 600? A browser is usesless for me on the T3 since I can't connect to the net with it anyways.

Speed
    I answer my own question ... and unfortunately it is a no. From the Eula it states the following:

"The Software is licensed for use on any Palm product and/or personal computer, provided that the Software is used only in connection with Palm products. You may reproduce and use one (1) copy of the Desktop Software for each personal computer or Palm product on which such Software is used. You may use the Device Software only on one (1) Palm product. Otherwise, the Software and supporting documentation may be copied only as essential for backup or archive purposes in support of your use of the Software. You must reproduce and include all copyright notices and any other proprietary rights notices appearing on the Software on any copies that you make."

So, if use only one copy on a Palm product I am following the Eula because isn't the Treo 600 technically a Palm product?

But it goes on to say:
    "Modification, reverse engineering, reverse compiling, or disassembly of the Software is expressly prohibited. However, if you are a European Union ("EU") resident, information necessary to achieve interoperability of the Software with other programs within the meaning of the EU Directive on the Legal Protection of Computer Programs is available to you from Palm upon written request. "

So in that paragraph, it violates the Eula. But I suppose it is a matter of Time that Palm release Web Pro 3 that will allow use on a Treo 600. Why not, it current works and they could potentionally earn extra revenue from the sale of software they already have.

Speed
    No my friend, you're covered. Palm bought handspring and became PalmOne. So your treo can be considered a palm product.

I have the version of webpro that shipped with the TT, 1.0. If I give my TT to my wife who will never need the browser, will it function on a treo?