Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Anybody know how to change the default port the Palm OS TS uses to connect. Due to various firewall issues we aren't using the standard port for TS.
    Originally posted by dsam99
    Anybody know how to change the default port the Palm OS TS uses to connect. Due to various firewall issues we aren't using the standard port for TS.
    I believe its the same way you would on any other client. Say you are using port 5542...

ie mybox.work.com:5542

FS: GSM Treo 600 with Accesories.... here.
    Tried the mybox.work.com:80 and get a message: Connection Error: nonexistant DNS name(0x123e)

Sent a message to their support email address. I'll post the result if anybody is running terminal services on a nonstandard port.
    Here is the response from support. Maybe if enough people suggest this idea it will be included in future versions.

Hello,

Not at this time, but I can make sure that this suggestion is logged
    as a request for future updates. I cannot guarantee that this would
    be implemented, nor on what time frame. But, I will make sure that
    this is logged in the right place.

Thanks for the feedback!

Thank you,
    Shannon Simpson
    Technical Support
    DDH Software, Inc.
    support@ddhsoftware.com
    www.ddhsoftware.com
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    So happy to see this positive discussion going on about our new product! As excited as I was to be releasing it, you never know how forums as a whole will respond, so this was a big relief for me

I am Treo 600 CDMA user myself (was a Treo 300 user as well), and enjoy reading and lurking in these forums. Found a lot of great ideas and apps in here, and now my Treo 600 is totally tricked out!

Regarding the Mobile TS program, I have been testing on my T600 since I got in early October. A funny story- I had a trip on the 14th of October and for the first time ever I didn't bring a laptop, just my brand new Treo 600. I hadn't even configured email on the Treo 600 because I was just going to use my desktop email program through Mobile TS. Well, obviously Mobile TS was not quite finished, but it was working well and ready for the first real-world test. I was able to log in and use my email program just as I had planned, but it was only when I sent an email that I discovered the space bar key event was not being sent over. So my second email was to the developer and looked something like this:

found-a-bug-in-Mobile-TS.Space-bar-does-not-work!

He got a real kick out of that one

Now, to business. Feel free to ask me any questions about the program. There were a few questions posted here which I will address:

1. Changing ports - We have indeed heard your suggestions on this, and have added in support for changing the port. This should be in the next update due out this week. There are some other great improvements to the server configuration section as well based on feedback elsewhere.

2. Key combinations- I made the wrong assumption that people would use the Windows keyboard for those strange combinations and that we wouldn't need to write our own virtual keyboard for the stranger/non-supported key combos. But that is not really a good solution as I found during my own testing. So we are planning on adding one. The plans are that the DPad select button would pop up the keyboard. As soon as you select the key, the pad would close automatically. Sound like a good idea?

3. Right click- tap and hold, ala the Pocket PC does a right click. You should see a yellow circle indicating it thinks you might be wanting a right click. If you let off at that point, it's still a left click, but if you continue holding, it will assume it's a right click. Give it a try!

4. Resolutions- since Terminal Services protocol (RDP) allows you to set the virtual desktop size, you don't need to match your resolution to that on your desktop. It should scale the windows automatically to the size you specify . On the Treo with the 160x160 screen, having 1024x768 set means a lot of scrolling. I found that 480x320 and 640x480 are much better choices.

I hope you guys really enjoy the program- I've found it to be quite useful on my Treo 600. If palmOne decides to make an update to 320x320 on the next Treo, it would be most welcome for this application! When you try it on a handheld like a UX50 or a Tungsten C, it's easy to see why! But of course, neither of them work outside hotspots, so that's where the Treo 600 really shines.

Take care.
    Dave Haupert
    dhaupert@ddhsoftware.com
    I'm a freelance network administrator, which means I'm almost never at the site that needs help. I'm really glad to hear about your product... and it also helps confirm that I'm going to wait for the next Treo release w. the higher res screen. I don't care how pretty pictures look on the display, but trying to TS with 160^2 would drive me nuts.

I wanted to get native Bluetooth anyway, so MAYBE I'll get lucky & can get both. The way Sprint keeps never releasing a BT phone, though, I don't know how likely that's going to be.
    Hi,

perhaps you're already aware of this:

my password contains non alphanumeric characters, how can i input this in the login form ?

Ettore
    Ciao

Ettore
    Originally posted by dhaupert
    So happy to see this positive discussion going on about our new product! As excited as I was to be releasing it, you never know how forums as a whole will respond, so this was a big relief for me

I am Treo 600 CDMA user myself (was a Treo 300 user as well), and enjoy reading and lurking in these forums. Found a lot of great ideas and apps in here, and now my Treo 600 is totally tricked out!

I hope you guys really enjoy the program- I've found it to be quite useful on my Treo 600. If palmOne decides to make an update to 320x320 on the next Treo, it would be most welcome for this application! When you try it on a handheld like a UX50 or a Tungsten C, it's easy to see why! But of course, neither of them work outside hotspots, so that's where the Treo 600 really shines.

Take care.
    Great program Dave. I have a question/suggestion for you. How can I remove entries in the server list (without using Filex to delete the associated file!)?

Also, not sure I could get DNS resolution to work with your application. Had to enter the IP address. Does this indeed work?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    We posted a new version of Mobile TS to our site yesterday. This supports a number of new features:

- Separate Server setup dialog which lets you:
    - Set the Port # in case you are not using the standard port.
    - Give each server a descriptive name to be shown in the list box.
    - Delete and edit existing entries.

That should address the needs of most of the requests so far. The popup keyboard is something that will take a bit longer to implement, but is in the cards. That will address the question/issue asked about how to enter odd characters into the password/login dialog once that update is released.

Lastly, we started a Yahoo Group for Mobile TS:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/mobilets

Take care!
    Dave Haupert
    dhaupert@ddhsoftware.com
    Hello dhaupert,

I bought Mobile TS within an hour of trying the demo today, which is something I NEVER do. Awesome product!

My only real 'must have' is the extended character support, and since you've indicated that's already in the works I am a very happy camper.

Thanks!

Brandon
    Are there plans to support Palm 3.x in the future?
    --invention is the mother of necessity
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    The reason we are compatible only with OS 5 devices is because we use the encryption libraries built into Palm OS 5 and higher. That being said, we're testing an app now with a different set of libraries and assuming it works, we'll be able to potentially build versions for older OS revisions. I'll post something when we have this available!
    Dave Haupert
    dhaupert@ddhsoftware.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12