1.    #1  
    What's the best way to get rid of dust and lint around the edges of the screen? Any special kind of cloth or cleaning technique that can really reach all the stuff in the edges?
    try compressed air spray can like they sell for keyboards.

Gee, and I thought I was obsessed with keeping my screen clean.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    A Q-Tip works really well for me.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Try a soft damp cloth.
    Okay, so I was getting little bits of crud stuck along the bottom of my screen that I could not get out and it was driving nuts. And then strangely I realized quite simply that those subscription cards you get in magazines are stiff enough and thin enough to run the corner through the gap between screen and housing and scoop out all the schmutz.

Seems silly, but I'm schmuzt free!

~O
    Or a business card, which I always have with me.
  7.    #7  
    All this lint on my screen is quite annoying! I carry the T600 in my pocket so that makes it even worse.

What I find is that when I wipe the screen with anything, it just rearranges the lint instead of getting rid of it. I need to get some kind of lint-absorbant cloth...
    i'm w/ the qtip guy - works great (and readily available)
  9.    #9  
    Originally posted by treoZilla
    i'm w/ the qtip guy - works great (and readily available)
    I'll try a q-tip then.
    had the same problem. and hated screen protectors. bought a screen protector. now a convert. no more smudges, no more dust. happy camper.
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by ido
    had the same problem. and hated screen protectors. bought a screen protector. now a convert. no more smudges, no more dust. happy camper.
    How would a screen proctector stop lint and dust? Wouldn't it just accumulate on top of the screen protector?
    Originally posted by ido
    what brand protector do you use?
    unpop-no the treo screen seems to attract and hold dust; the protector doesn't, so whereas I was dusting and wiping nonstop w/out a screen protector, I don't have to do anything with it. maybe blow a little lint off now and then, but nothing really.
    kay-bought a boxwave. the screen protector itself is great-it doesn't detract from viewing pleasure at all, and now I'm not afraid to do a little touch dialing. it's not a perfect fit, though. but you can only see that when the screen is off, and then who's looking! while the screen is on, and with the screen protector, I'm very pleased. it was easy to apply and is virtually dust free. i'd recommend one. there may be better ones out there, so I don't know, but I would recommend getting something. it's made a world of difference.
    This is good to hear. I have BoxWave protector on the way for my new Treo but like ido have not previously been convinced about screen protectors. I will give it a go though!

One point though, do the boxwave protectors come off the screen without leaving any residue, or do they leave a mess on the screen if I decide I prefer it without?

Stuart
    I'd second that. My boxwave screen protector stops the dust and nasty grease marks.
    most impressed

Can't say from experience but they must come off cleanly cos they say you can remove them, wash them and put them back on