Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    looks like my 1 week old Sprint
    t600 has a ball-bearing type rattle...in what seems to be the area just below the speaker on the back. It is not the button or switch at th–
    Crud! me too!

there was mention of this on the pdaphonehome forum, and a couple of users said it was a loose power button. That is NOT the case for me. There is definitely something loose INSIDE the casing - sounds like a little ball bearing - and it sucks!
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    you gonna return it? i'm thinking call Sprint instead of HS...
    most of the Sprint stores in my area are sold out. But i'm gonna stop by after work today and see if they got any in stock. My Treo is only 3 days old, so there's no way I'm living with this death-rattle.

AFter doing a search here and at pdaphonehome, I'm surprised at how many people have had this rattle problem. Seems much higher than decent QA standards should allow.

Still...I do just LOVe this little phone!
    I have my about a week after sprint 1st put them up for sale, the only rattle I have is from the phone on switch, it I shake it with my hand over the switch there is on noise. It works great best pda/phone/mini hand held out there, take care, jay
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    I have the same rattle. HS is supposed to ship me a replacement. It has been almost 3 weeks though and no dice.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    went to rhe Sprint store and swapped it out in about 30 min. sweet.
    btw, use this Sprint Customer service # given to me by my corporate acct. exec. 1-888-788-4727
    they can actually help you, unlike the general # given to individual consumers.
    later...