1.    #1  
    Has anyone else experienced the following problem when trying to play their favourite (let's kill a few minutes while waiting for the elevator) game: Dopewars?

You can no longer enter a quantity or amount as the entry field does not fit in to the T600's screen. Aggghh...am i missing something or is there an obvious workaround for a non programmer sort of person

any comments, suggestion would be gratefully appreciated

ttfn
    Johnp
    seems to work fine for me....

what version do you have? not sure if there is more than 1 version out there anyway...
  3.    #3  
    thanks for that

revisited the game this am and it "now" works

not sure whether it was simply me being a clutz or the device being flawed by a large score (ie. i transfered a high scoring game over) javascript:smilie('')
    i suspect the former!

ttfn
    johnp
    ps: high score on my old Palm
    $62,826561
    67,862,976 on mine

next highest is 43,844,407
    I swear I'm not making this up (and wouldn't blame you if you didn't believe me), but I got $161 million+ once. I was lucky and got a double hit on a jacket-full of cocaine on day 22 or something.

Anyway....I would love it if they:
    - integrated the directional pad with it
    - had all text entry screens default to the entry area instead of the cancel button (or whatever button it's defaulting to)
    - kept the numlock on, since you don't need to type letters unless you're entering your name for a high score.
    Have a go at SpaceTrader . It's loosely based on Dopewars but I find it much harder and there's a lot more to it.
    Last edited by nzmoko; 11/18/2003 at 05:12 AM.
    www.gsmworld.com
    I like SpaceTrader, but it seems to cause a reset every time I hit the Special Button when I come to a planet. I've seen other reports on this so I fear it may be a T600 conflict.
    Are you running ST on a 600?
    I get the same soft reset whenever I hit specials. Which REALLY stinks because as a result, I don't think we can do missions on space trader.

Anyone find a fix for this yet?

Dizzy
    Can you get to "Special" by the menu? It's crashing on me as well.

-Rob
    HiScore: 357,343,822
    Next: $327,096,714
    Next: $156,648,585
    Next: $150,887,733

The trick is to go to the Bronx, borrow all possible, leave.
    Come back to Bronx, borrow all possible, buy Coke or Heroine.
    Wait till bust within next 6 days. SELL SELL SELL.

After 6 days...start over.
    Originally posted by kschoenberg
    I like SpaceTrader, but it seems to cause a reset every time I hit the Special Button when I come to a planet. I've seen other reports on this so I fear it may be a T600 conflict.
    Are you running ST on a 600?
    I do not have this problem (v1.2.0)
    www.gsmworld.com