1.    #1  
    Hi
    I bought my treo from an orange shop on Saturday for 250quid with a gprs package(30Mb amonth).
    Then I find out on Monday that the price of the unit has dropped and now the same upgrade would cost me 99 quid plus the gprs package (which may have dropped in price).

The guy in the store was very eager to get the deal done on the weekend eventhough the phone was not activated unti 10am on Monday morning.

Is there anything I can do about not being advised the price of the unit was going to drop so drastically?
    Especially when the phone was not registered until the price drop had come into place.

I called Orange upgrade and they said as I bought the phone in the shop it was nothing to do with them and they would not get involved, but they said to complaint to shop and get a rebate.

Any ideas if I have a leg to stand on?

It would be cheaper now to buy the phone with a pay monthly new contract than have upgraded.

Can I cancel my upgraded contract?

thanks in advance

Rich
    what is a quid?

you cant return the phone for a full refund?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Orange have a 14 day phone return, however, I've got a feeling that it doesn't apply if you're upgrading. Worth checking though.

A quid = 1 (not sure where the term originates though).
    Originally posted by Felipe
    what is a quid?

you cant return the phone for a full refund?
    'quid' is colloquial slang for the pound.

As for returning the phone, Rich, the Upgrade section of the Orange terms and conditions (http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/terms) do state that "If you are not satisfied with the phone, you may return it within seven working days of delivery." You might be able to threaten this for a refund.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I work for a UK mobile phone retailer and can tell you that there is NO 14 day right of cancellation on an Orange Upgrade. The "seven day return" thing in their terms and conditions applies to phones bought via mail order, as they have to give you this by law. It doesnt apply if you bought it from a shop, so no matter how much you scream at them, they wont cancel the upgrade for you.

Having said that, as a goodwill gesture, they may be willing to refund the difference to you. I certainly would if it was my shop, but then its not my shop is it?
    "Yay though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil... cause I have a big stick! And I am the meanest mutherf***er in the valley!" -Deep Blue Sea
  6.    #6  
    OK
    I went in and complained plus the treo had started playing up
    The "techie" in the orange shop could not work out why blazer could not hit any sites, so they replaced my treo!

Then I got the weeks gprs calls refunded.
    20 pounds cash back
    And a free car charger and case when they arrive in the shop.

Plus the 30Mb gprs bundle had been reduced in line with new christmas pricing structure and they moved me onto that

Not the 200quid back I was hoping for but still a result.

thanks for the advice

Rich
    So what is the current price of Treo600 in the UK?
    and under what terms?
    all i can tell you is that if you would have done the upgrade via orange (150) customer services then there certainly is a 7 day refund period. I upgraded to the treo and got the refund (i cancled it later and went back to the treo)!!

I think you have been riped off and should persue the matter with advice. I dont belive there is no refund time from the dealer!! hes messing round with you!!
    As mentioned above, the retailer is correct, there are no refunds on upgrades unless the distance selling act applies (mail order, tele sales etc). If the handset is faulty you are within your rights to demand a refund but only after the store has been given a reasonable chance to rectify the fault.
    I got my Treo 600 for 99 at release from mobileshop. Ornage themselves have now dropped the device to 120.

They both are on a typical 25 a month contract. I get 120 outgoing minutes anytime anywhere for that. Data works out from 2-3 a MB. Ouch.

On the pricing, the Treo 600's official price of 120 is less than the RRP of the Tungsten E at 165.

Electronics are never the same price in the UK and US according to the normal exchange rate - we normally pay more. So if we use the T|E as a guide, 165=$199, then 120=$145.

I met a guy from the states with a Samsung Palm Phone and he was real interested in my Treo 600. He was wondering how a seminarian could afford it. When I told him what I paid his jaw dropped.
    -
    Edward Green
    www.treospace.co.uk
  11. purpleA
    Originally posted by Edward_Green
    I got my Treo 600 for 99 at release from mobileshop. Ornage themselves have now dropped the device to 120.

They both are on a typical 25 a month contract. I get 120 outgoing minutes anytime anywhere for that. Data works out from 2-3 a MB. Ouch.

On the pricing, the Treo 600's official price of 120 is less than the RRP of the Tungsten E at 165.

Electronics are never the same price in the UK and US according to the normal exchange rate - we normally pay more. So if we use the T|E as a guide, 165=$199, then 120=$145.

I met a guy from the states with a Samsung Palm Phone and he was real interested in my Treo 600. He was wondering how a seminarian could afford it. When I told him what I paid his jaw dropped.
    How much is the Treo 600 without contract? And how much do you want for shipping me a few?
    Here is the rub. The Treo is only available on 12 month contract. Off contract I imagine it would be the same as it is in the US.

Of course in 12 months time when I get a Treo 900 I will send you my 600.
    -
    Edward Green
    www.treospace.co.uk
  13. purpleA
    Originally posted by Edward_Green
    Here is the rub. The Treo is only available on 12 month contract. Off contract I imagine it would be the same as it is in the US.

Of course in 12 months time when I get a Treo 900 I will send you my 600.

Ummmmm... maybe not.

Still, $150 for a GSM Treo 600 with contract is pretty good. Damn you Brits!
    You got the calculation all wrong... (it's about x4)

You have missed the point, the Brits allways get things in a higher price.

The full calculation is 25x12 = 300 + 99 = 400 = $665

And if I am not mistaken, that is for the Upgrade...

Well, it's not much more then what the T180 used to sell for in the first days, actually it's about 35$ LESS... but still rather high.
    I don't see what the 25 a month has to do with it as that is the price of having a mobile phone.

It is impossible to compare US and UK service plans because the whole billing system is different.
    -
    Edward Green
    www.treospace.co.uk