1.    #1  
    I have the stereo adapter and with a pair of normal, wired headphones it works just fine.

But if I plug in my Sennheiser T80 wireless headphones, the Treo continues to play through the speaker. If I quickly plug in wired headphones, sounds again go through them.

This is strange... Anybody have a plausable explanation for what could be going on here?

Roman
    Your headphones have an active circuit that is mistaken by the Treo 600 as a microphone. If you can somehow turn off the active circuit (probably impossible on wireless headphones), you may be able to get the sound to play thru them.

Otherwise I suggest you route the sound into a PC and then thru the headphones. This might fool the Treo into seeing the output correctly.
    Your issue was brought up in the accessories group too. Apparently, something about the way the T600 senses a stereo plug is incompatible with some non-traditional output devices. your wireless headphone would qualify as non-traditional, I'd say.

We've had the same issues with certain cassette tape adaptors (those things that allow you to play CD players and such through a cassette deck--shaped like a cassette tape with a wire sticking out of it). Not all of them are a problem--only some of them. This leads me to believe that it has more to do with how the accessory is pinned-out rather than a problem with the treo itself.

I suspect (and this is pure speculation until I start hooking up the voltmeter) that the T600 actually senses when stereo headphones are being used by measuring impedence or voltage on one of the poles (ground perhaps?) If the pole registers high impedence then I believe it will assume that nothing is plugged in, and play audio out of the built-in speakerphone speaker. If the pole registers ground, then it will assume a headset was plugged in, and will send audio signals through the pinouts, and re-map the mic input to receive signal from the built-in mic on the back of the phone.

I believe that SOME accessories (like your Seinnheisser) runs some voltage on that pole, or did not bother to ground the ground pole--simply leaving the circuit open. I'm not sure if this theory holds water, and if they don't run ground through the pole, I have no idea how the circuit's closed. But...well...it was the only thing I could think of. SOMETHING is queuing the T600 to send stereo audio signals out through the jack. I just don't know what it is.

The workaround, btw, is to plug in a "splitter" which allows you to plug in two devices into one audio jack, and plug a wired headset into one of the jacks, and whatever your seinheisser uses in the other. The T600 gets it's mysterious queue from the wired headset, and sends out the audio signal just fine....so I'm told...
    jello
    Originally posted by mwomwom
    Your headphones have an active circuit that is mistaken by the Treo 600 as a microphone. If you can somehow turn off the active circuit (probably impossible on wireless headphones), you may be able to get the sound to play thru them.

Otherwise I suggest you route the sound into a PC and then thru the headphones. This might fool the Treo into seeing the output correctly.
    Hey, Mwomwom...can you tell me a little more about what "active circuit" handspring is detecting? I did a search for the term on the board, and didn't come up with anything.
    jello